This job is no longer accepting applications.
Compensation Type: This is an hourly, non-exempt role. IABC covers 60% of the cost of medical, dental and vision insurance for all full-time employees. After 1 year we encourage you to join our 401k and take advantage of a company match of 100% of your first 3% contribution and a 50% match for your next 2% contribution. IABC proudly offers an annual bonus based on company profits. We also provide employees with 15 days of paid time off plus 9 paid company holidays, a monthly cell phone allowance, and an annual allowance for personal protective equipment (like steel toed boots or prescription safety glasses).
Location: Garnerville and Beacon
Reports to: Head Brewer
Supervisory Roles: This role will supervise a team of Packaging Operators on a day-to-day basis but does not have any direct reports.
Schedule: First shift (~6am-2pm) plus ability to work nights and weekends as needed
Job Summary: This position will include all aspects of wort production, cellar work, basic lab work, packaging, and brewery sanitation in the pursuit of producing high quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
- Adherence to IABC SOP’s
- Raw material handling and organization
- Milling operations and Wort production: Mashing, Lautering, Boiling, Cooling, Spent grain/hops handling
- Accurate and timely record keeping
- Yeast pitching, cell counting, fermentation monitoring
- Cone dumps
- Dry Hopping
- Spunding and tank pressure management
- CIP operations, hot and cold side. Safe chemical handling.
- Maintaining overall cleanliness of brewery facilities
- Centrifugation and transferring operations under low O2 conditions
- O2 and C02 monitoring
- Carbonation and preparation of Bright beer for packaging
- Cleaning and filling kegs
- Can line operation
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Performing routine maintenance of brewery equipment as needed
- Timely communication of maintenance issues to maximize safe operation, product quality, and uptime
- Perform quality assurance prior to packaging and prior to the release of finished goods
- Represent Industrial Arts brewing at public tastings, festivals, and events
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Obeer)
- Ability to learn and navigate HMI’s and Automation software
Other Required characteristics:
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and manage time
- Desire to interact with customers, vendors, personable attitude
- Adherence to safety rules and all relevant rules and regulations
- Quality minded attitude
- Dedication to cleaning and sanitizing
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player, great attitude, motivated self-starter
- Forklift operator
- Minimum 1-year prior brewery experience
- GED or High school equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid NYS driver’s license, clean driving record
- Able to twist, bend, kneel, work in a loud, wet factory environment every shift
- Able to regularly lift/carry 44-pound boxes
- Able to regularly lift/carry 55-pound bags above waist level
Your application has been successfully submitted.