Director of Finance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Descriptive Summary: Avery Brewing Company (“Avery”) is a brewery located in Boulder, Colorado with distribution in 42 states nationally. Avery was started 28 years ago by Adam Avery and his father, Larry Avery. Recently, the company sold a majority interest to Mahou San Miguel, the leading Spanish brewery, which is family owned and whose operations began 130 years ago.
The Director of Finance leads the Accounting and Finance Department and plays a vital role in advising the leadership team of Avery. The Director of Finance offers value by providing business intelligence and data that will guide strategic planning. They provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets and forecasts, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board of Directors, other Executives, and Department Managers in performing their responsibilities.
Reports to: Hierarchically report to the CEO, functionally reports to Mahou USA CFO
- Supervise the fiscal function and performance of Avery.
- Assists with the accounting functions of Avery in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles appropriate within the parent company, the industry, state and federal regulations, and other regulatory and advisory organizations.
- Participates in the development of company plans and initiatives as a strategic partner. Participation primarily comes from offering projections, evaluations, and advice from a financial perspective.
- Takes logistical ownership of quarterly shareholder meetings, including managing preparation of the presentation, publishing of board minutes and administration of the meeting.
- Directly supervises the accounting and finance staff (2 employees), providing leadership, feedback, and growth opportunities.
- Supports the Sales Director and CEO in setting accountability measures and incentives and tracking performance to those measures. Oversees all pricing decisions and annual price increases and helps to identify new opportunities, preparing the required business case.
- Works with the Human Resources Director to establish employee health and other benefits annually and to support employee development and wellness initiatives.
- Works with the Hospitality and Production Managers to ensure profitability objectives are met.
- Primary liaison and contact for banks, lenders, and other external vendors and customers, as well as with parent company’s finance, tax and legal departments.
- Implements and upholds departmental policies and procedures defined by Mahou USA CFO and specific to Avery Brewing by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation and protect the company’s assets.
- Prepares annual budget, provides monthly and weekly reporting and forecasts to CEO and Mahou USA CFO for consolidation and provides ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Manages a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Supervise the accounting team in providing monthly financial results to parent company within five days of month-end.
- Supervises the Controller in complying with all federal and state regulatory requirements relating to the sale of alcohol.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the organization.
- Carries out any other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field, active CPA, and at least 5 years of management level accounting and finance experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel. Experience with SAP Business One/Orchestra and Orchestrated Beer preferred.
- Manufacturing experience or experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (“CPG”) preferred but not required.
- Candidates with prior experience in a CFO or Controller position will be given preference.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Determined by qualifications and experience. Range of $85,000 - $100,000
Avery Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer with above average benefits. Health and dental insurance premiums are covered at 50% upon initial eligibility and 100% after 18 months of employment. Other benefits include a 3% match on 401(k) contributions, and a generous take-home beer policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.