PM Packaging Operator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Title: PM Packaging Operator
Reports To: Packaging Manager
Location: San Leandro, CA
21st Amendment Brewery is now accepting applications for a Full Time PM Packaging Operator. We encourage candidates from entry level to experienced operators to apply! The Packaging Operator is expected to work in a safe manner using all required PPE and have the ability to meet the demands of working in a primarily standing position, can multi-task, have good reliability and flexibility, and communicate effectively with team members and the managers of the company.
- Reliable, flexible and sustains excellent attendance
- Conduct machine start-up, operation, and shutdown of assigned equipment
- Work with finished beer in an aseptic manner
- Assist with machine changeovers and resets for various packaging types and sizes
- Perform continuous QA/QC checks on packaging quality and related equipment centers
- Maintain a “showcase brewery” by keeping areas clean, organized and sanitary at all times
- Conduct initial troubleshooting of equipment and production issues to maintain machine center uptime
- Strong verbal and written communication with all levels of the company
- Escalate problems to the Packaging Manager in a timely manner for maintenance assistance, safety or other potential issues
- Communicate conditions of operations, productivity, safety, quality of package effectively to Packaging Manager and other team members
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- A minimum of a high school diploma, GED. A college degree is considered a plus.
- A want to be part of a growing company and team with focus on safety, accountability, professionalism, and teamwork
- Previous experience with high speed production and/or packaging technology is preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to take direction well, follow verbal and written Standard Operating Procedures, policies and other work instructions
- Meet work deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Other duties as assigned
- A valid California Driver’s License
- 90% standing while performing duties
- Able to meet physically demanding work; lift up to 55 pounds and the ability to maneuver/roll up to 165 pounds
- Work within a safe manner and able to work around potentially hazardous machinery, equipment, chemicals and systems
- Able to use PPE and work in a fast-paced environment with elevated noise levels, forklift machine traffic and other machinery
- Flexible to work overtime as necessary to include weekdays, weekends and other hours based on business needs
21st Amendment Employee Perks:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Hours
- Employee Uniforms & Safety Shoe Allowance
- Voluntary Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life AD&D, Voluntary Life AD&D, LTD
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Job Growth & Training
- And of Course….A Monthly Beer Allowance & other perks!
21st Amendment Brewery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 21st Amendment Brewery complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.