Tap Room Team Member
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a professional, friendly end engaging team member with excellent communication skills and a passion for craft beer. The Team member will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items and serve food, beverages, craft beer and wine. You will also upsell items, utilize proper equipment and handle basic cleaning duties. Team members may also handle Togo and takeout orders as well as bussing and food running duties.
To succeed as a Team member, you should have a neat appearance, and have an engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beer preferences, making recommendations, and taking food and drink orders.
- Informing customers about new beers and specials.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking daily inventory and restocking as needed.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, and credit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by washing glasses, equipment, emptying trash as needed, cleaning tables, bar, and other work areas.
- Complete all assigned daily side-work and any additional tasks assigned by management
- Adhere to all company policies as indicated in the Employee Handbook
- Tip out supporting staff according to company tip out policies
- Attend Employee Meetings when scheduled by management or Human Resources
- Two years of restaurant, bar or taproom experience preferred, ideally in a craft beer focused environment
- Valid Safe-Serv & TIP certification
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol (21+)
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance
- Basic math and computer skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong task and time management abilities
- Eye for detail and understanding of craft beer and food pairing
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, pull for extended periods, lift up to 30 lbs., and be able to climb a flight of stairs multiple times throughout their shift.
21st Amendment offers a great benefit package:
- Competitive Wages
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life AD&D, Voluntary Life AD&D, LTD
- Prescription Drug Program Options
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401K Program
- Job Growth & Training
And of Course, A Monthly Beer Allowance & other perks!
21st Amendment Brewery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 21st Amendment Brewery complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.