Quality Lab Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
You Might Just Be The One?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a cool lab? Do you work well under pressure? Are you highly organized and believe that everything has it’s place? If so, 21st Amendment is interested in you!
21st Amendment Brewery is now accepting applications for the job of Quality Technician located at our San Leandro, California location. We are seeking motivated, multi-talented and experienced candidates that are looking to work in a fast-paced environment and are ready to be of part an evolving Team!
Below are some details about this exciting opportunity:
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this job is responsible for producing accurate, safe, high quality work within the Quality Lab within the San Leandro facility.
- Perform routine sampling at various process stages
- Perform physical, chemical and microbiological analyses of raw materials, in-process beer, finished beer and packaging materials
- Prepare stock solutions and media plates
- Preform regular calibration and/or cleaning of lab equipment
- Work safely and maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment
- Organize and track all applicable data
- Communicate with brewing and packaging teams regarding quality issues
- Assist in maintaining the sensory program
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Weekend and Evening work expected
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related field) is preferred
- Prior experience in a production laboratory is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Familiarity or an interest in the entire brewing process - from grain to glass
- Familiar with standard laboratory instrumentation and techniques (pH meter, spectrophotometer, microscope, pipetting, etc.)
- Has a passion for quality beer
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Has strong attention to detail
- Has a strong work ethic and willing to take initiative
- Primarily a standing position. Will be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Able to work safely in a fast-paced production environment that may be loud, wet and non-temperature controlled.
- Able to stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and stairs
- Able to work safely with hazardous chemicals
- Competitive Wages
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life AD&D, Voluntary Life AD&D, LTD
- Prescription Drug Program Options
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401K Program
- Job Growth & Training
And of Course….A Monthly Beer Allowance & other perks!
21st Amendment Brewery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 21st Amendment Brewery complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.