- Prior relevant brewery & leadership experience required!
- Formal brewing education & canning experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must be team player.
- Self-starter, ability to take initiative, lead projects, manage time efficiently and work independently.
- Exceptional focus, organizational skills, attention to details with beer quality, sanitation and safety.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs (bags of grain) and regularly bend, twist, reach, stoop and climb ladders periodically.
- Must be able to work early mornings and occasional weekends (most brewery work is done M-F 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM).
- Must have a passion for craft beer and mountain lifestyle.
- Must be 21+ years old.
Job Responsibilities – Brewery Operations (below is not all-inclusive)
Note – This is a hands-on brewer position including brewery, cellarwork, packaging & maintenance.
- Production planning, forecasting (review pub sales data) and scheduling to meet beer demand trends.
- Brewing – grain handling, mashing, lautering, boiling, WP, wort-cooling, yeast handling, dry-hopping, etc.
- Yeast management – cleaning, sanitizing, harvesting, disposal, pitching, etc.
- Monitor fermentations – check gravities, pH, cell counts/viability, temperature, etc.
- CIP – cleaning/sanitizing tanks and other equipment.
- Transferring beer from fermentation to serving tanks and carbonating.
- Kegging – keg cleaning, sanitizing, filling & keg machine maintenance (Premier 2-head semi-automatic).
- Draft system – cleaning & maintaining draft lines and dispense equipment.
- QA and Safety – Use & maintenance of DO meter & CO2 testing equipment. Adhere to safety procedures.
- Canning (WG Gosling) – lead canning operations (most beer draft for pub, cans ~10% of production, we can ~2-3x/month).
- Maintenance –plan & lead brewery & pub cleaning/maintenance projects, coordinate w/ trades as necessary.
- Manage supply chain needs, coordinate with vendors and schedule deliveries to meet production schedule.
- Manage inventories, order grain, hops/contracts, CIP chems, cans and other brewery supplies as necessary.
- Negotiate with and vet vendors as necessary and hold them accountable.
- Work with brewmaster/owners re. new beer recipes and barrel aged and/or other specialty beer projects.
- Assist with events and promotions as necessary (occasionally).
- Keg/can/bottle delivery (occasionally).
- Work with brewmaster/owners to manage and adhere to brewery budget.
- Conduct pub staff trainings periodically.
$24 – $28/hr DOE.
Complimentary shift meal and shift beer (for legal drinking age employees).
Food, beer, merchandise discounts and other employee benefits.
Mountain Tap Brewery uniform.
IKON Ski Pass.
Opportunity to participate in a company health insurance plan with $2,000 annual premium offset.
Opportunity to participate in company SIMPLE IRA once eligible.
$30/month house account.
Up to two weeks bonus pay based on number of hours worked.
Submit resume, cover letter and any other relevant information
No phone calls please!
Your application has been successfully submitted.