Lab Technician/Quality Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Golden Road Brewing is looking for a Quality Analyst within our Los Angeles production brewery to ensure only the highest quality beer goes out to market. The position is Full Time, with a full benefit package from day 1, including a 401k match.
The Quality Analyst will be accountable for partnering with staff and manager level positions to execute quality standards. This position works under the supervision of the Quality Manager to conduct day-to-day tasks assisting the Quality Department’s efficiency. While being an analytical and laboratory-centered position, the Quality Analyst assists all production staff in problem-solving matters that are quality related.
- Executes, updates, and provides recommendations for Standard Operating Procedure and policy review
- Collect and perform analytical procedures and testing on raw materials, in progress beer, as well as packaged goods (water, wort, yeast, beer, brewery equipment, and environment).
- Work in conjunction with brewing and packaging departments to ensure quality from raw materials to finished product
- Train and validate employees on quality-minded procedures, sanitation practices, and testing.
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment as well as accurate recordkeeping
- Use, maintain and calibrate analytical equipment and instrumentation.
- Develop reporting systems, and analyzes said data and discerns new processes and/or corrective actions.
- Identifies critical control points and drives overall process control and improvement.
- Communicate consistently with brewery personnel and management regarding quality assurance issues.
- Advocate and promote continuous quality and safety improvement.
- Maintain an organized beer archive.
- Facilitate sensory panel and formulate results.
- Attend meetings, brewery functions, and perform duties within the lab as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Biology or Chemistry related degrees strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge/experience with development and implementation of GMP
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a sense of urgency
- Comfortable working in an active brewery, which can be hot or cold, wet, loud, and buzzing with activity.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.