This job is no longer accepting applications.
Golden Road Brewing is currently recruiting for a Packaging Manager in its Atwater Village brewery. The Packaging Manager will provide the direction and management that builds and sustains a safety-driven, quality-focused, high-performing and diverse packaging team. This position identifies efficiencies and performs higher level analysis and tasks that result in an efficient and well running packaging lines.
- Sustains and improves quality in packaging dept including primary/secondary material and finished goods.
- Develops short and long term strategic plans for packaging department, encompassing labor plans, safety improvements, quality programs, and improvements for increasing equipment uptime.
- Leads throughput, efficiency, and other cost savings initiatives in the packaging dept.
- Manages the production schedule in collaboration with, Brewing, Warehouse, and Zone Demand Planning teams.
- Oversees the inventory management of packaging materials and cooperage.
- Active in the recruiting, hiring, coaching, counseling, and mentoring of packaging employees.
- Sets priorities for maintenance PM’s and Corrective work on the lines
- Owns the execution and continuous improvement of the packaging master sanitation program
- Self-directed, naturally seeks out solutions to problems, effectively delegates work and projects across packaging team.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving ability.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Technical knowledge in all applicable aspects of the brewing and packaging processes.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain detailed record keeping systems.
- Understanding of OSHA standards.
- Familiarity with Food Safety and HACCP planning protocols.
- Experience with OBEER a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of engineering or manufacturing experience.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.