Assistant Kitchen Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking to add a driven and creative Assistant Kitchen Manager to our kitchen staff. In this role, you will work directly under our Kitchen Manager and will have a large amount of responsibility in our kitchen, including managing kitchen staff and ensuring prepared food meets quality standards.
- Manage kitchen staff as needed, including providing necessary direction and training
- Assist with the preparation and design of food and drink menus
- Make sure that all plates that leave the kitchen meet taste and design standards
- Ensure that the kitchen operates efficiently, effectively, and professionally, in accordance with our high quality standards
- Schedule employees to ensure that the kitchen is adequately staffed at all necessary times
- Take control to quickly resolve any issues or problems that arise in the kitchen
- Maintain kitchen inventory and order supplies
- Confirm compliance with all sanitation and health and safety standards
- Fill in for the Kitchen Manager when necessary
- Knowledge of food preparation and existing health and safety standards
- Ability to effectively manage, direct, and lead a large team
- Strong communication abilities, with employees, vendors, and customers
- Problem solving capabilities and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Collaborative attitude with an emphasis on excellent customer service
- Time management strengths with the ability to multi-task
- Minimum of high school diploma. Candidates with culinary degrees will be given preference
- 2+ years of management experience
- Solid understanding of cooking methods, ingredients, kitchen equipment, and related processes
- Proven track record of effectively leading and managing others
- Familiarity with best practices in the industry
Your application has been successfully submitted.