Bottle Logic Brewing is hiring a full-time Brewer to join our rapidly expanding production team! We have a shiny new brewhouse, additional tanks, and a rotary bottler to learn and work with. Our pilot system gives us nearly unlimited flexibility in exploring the boundaries of beer. With your help, we will be able to brew more of our fantastically flavorful beers, including our award-winning barrel-aged stouts. We offer free beer, competitive pay, a full health/vacation/401k benefits package, educational and travel opportunities, and a fun and safe work environment.
YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Wort production/cleaning/maintenance on our four vessel Prospero 30bbl brewhouse.
- Maintaining safe and efficient steam generation from our Miura boiler.
- Prepare grains, hops, and other ingredients for brewing.
- Beer clarification with our GEA centrifuge.
- Barreling and de-barreling operations.
- Miscellaneous cellar operations including yeast handling and pitching, dry hopping, CIP, general cleaning, and sanitation.
- Cleaning all surfaces in and around the production warehouse areas.
- General warehousing operations, including moving ingredients, barrels, and packaged products, utilizing the FIFO method.
- Kegging, canning & bottling delicious beers.
- Other brewery-related tasks that may require assistance.
- Any other duties delegated to by a supervisor/manager.
- Performing all functions according to Bottle Logic procedures and policies
CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS:
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of beer production, including grain handling, yeast management, filtration, packaging, and QA/QC.
- Hands-on brewing experience in a production brewery is preferred, however, the right candidate may be able to substitute homebrewing experience or certified brewing education.
- Excellent communication, time management, troubleshooting, and organizational skills.
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with respect to all Bottle Logic’s personnel at all levels, in addition to customers and suppliers.
- Physical capability of regularly lifting up to 55lbs and maneuvering 165lbs, comfort working at heights, in cramped spaces and awkward positions, and in hot and cold environments for an extended period of time.
- 21+ years of age, and the ability to pass a criminal background and illegal drug test.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Commitment to quality and hard work.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- A passion for quality craft beer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.