Wachusett Brewing Company is seeking a Sales Representative to increase sales by building strong relationships with our distributor partners and key accounts and educating their staff and customers about our beers and culture. To increase brand presence, promote and foster brand loyalty and ensure product quality through key account calls. This position will concentrate on the North and Central Massachusetts geographic area and spend approximately 90% of their time in the assigned market.
- Call on existing account base to obtain new distribution, execute promotional activity and increase market share
- Solicit new business to increase volume/distribution/share within the assigned area
- Identify retail opportunities and sell/execute against those opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with wholesalers and key on and off-premise accounts.
- Ensure proper merchandising of products and point-of-sale materials according to our brand standards
- Generate sales by maintaining/increasing shelf facings, positioning, bottle placements, & draft lines
- Service accounts according to brand standards including our Q/A measures- clean POS, rotate stock, check code dates, packaging repair/replacement, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all aspects of consumer samplings to drive brand awareness, customer satisfaction, engagement, and retention,
- Conduct monthly account opportunities on and off-premise: securing displays, ensuring beer placement, checking quality, and POS support
- Provide feedback on what is working at retail and the challenges
- Accomplish sales goals
- Coordinate and conduct team sales meetings with wholesalers
- Provide exceptional service to assigned accounts with the goal of becoming their craft beer consultant
- Compile and submit assigned sales reports and general market information to Sales Director and wholesaler
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of outside sales experience preferred
- Previous sales experience in the alcohol beverage industry is preferred
- Minimum 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company goals, including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Strong organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of WBC history, culture, and product
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both retail and wholesale
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with a limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must be able to lift 40-pound cases without assistance and maneuver 170- pound kegs safely.
- Must have a vehicle and a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations and alcohol-related violations in the last three years
- Reside in the territory
- Hours and days will vary according to business needs and will include nights and weekends
- Travel (up to 90%) required, primarily to customer sites and required meetings
- The selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check, and driver's license check
- Competitive Salary, Bonus Plan, 401K, Health Insurance, Gas & Cell Allowance, Holidays, Sick Time, Paid Vacation, & of course---Beer!
Wachusett Brewing Company Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Your application has been successfully submitted.