Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Raw ingredient handling, all aspects of a brew day, transferring wort/beer, yeast handling, packaging, monitoring fermentations, etc.
- Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
- Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and counts/viabilities)
- Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
- CIP and Sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, and bright beer tanks)
- Mash tun cleaning including removal of spent grain
- Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and by-the-letter adherence to SOP’s
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies
- Ability to understand and pinch hit in cellar and packaging when needed
- Organize production logs, inventory reports, packaging logs, etc.
- Work and communicate well across all levels of a brewery operation (management, cellar, packaging, FOH, customers, suppliers, etc.)
- Assist with the development of our QA/QC program
- Maintain brewery equipment as well as general facility
Production Brewer qualifications:
At a minimum, the Production Brewer must have the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in a production brewery or brewpub
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to manipulate valves and clamps
- Ability to read and follow written English instructions
- Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies, like bags of grain and kegs of beer
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and cold
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience including healthcare, opportunities for advancement and on the job training, and of course a generous beer benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work.
How to apply:
If you are ready to join the Lord Hobo team, email your resume and a cover letter
Lord Hobo Brewing Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.