This job is no longer accepting applications.
Jack’s Abby Brewing is recruiting for a Cellar/Brewer for the Production team Team. Jack’s Abby was founded in 2011 by three brothers, Jack, Eric and Sam Hendler. It is one of the fastest growing breweries in the country and known for making beautiful craft lagers under the Jack’s Abby Craft Lagers brand, as well as an innovative line of barrel-aged sours and new age ales under Springdale Beer Co.
This role is a fusion role where some time will be spent in the cellar and some time as a brewer, as the brew schedule requires. Cellar/Brewer position requires experience in both cellar and brewing experience. Jack’s Abby plans to brew around 60k barrels in 2021. Brew system is a CFT – 60 Barrel 4 vessel system- fully automated, CFT canning line and a GEA Westfalia GSC60 Centrifuge
- Experience and comfort with both cellar and brewing processes.
- Comfortable interacting with many different departments and individuals within the production department and throughout the company.
- Availability and flexibility to work between cellar and brewer schedule as schedule requires.
- Participate in all brewery operations including, but not limited to: Wort production, hop handling, malt handling, spent grain handling, yeast harvesting, transferring beer, dry hopping, packaging, CIP cycles , and general cleaning/organizing. Ensure that all beer is produced to QA standards and recipes.
- QC of beer throughout the brewing, fermentation, and packaging processes. Follow record keeping for brewing, cellaring, and other related actions as required by department.
- Observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials in a safe and responsible manner. Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Knowledge/licensed to operate forklifts and other operating equipment.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
- 2 years experience in a cellar/brewing position, previous work on an automated brewing system is a plus.
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft office applications.
- Experience with Orchestrated Beer is a plus.
- Team work focused and positive attitude, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
- Problem solver; ability to take initiatives and communicate effectively.
- Organizational skills.
- Multilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese) is a plus.
- Knowledge of the craft beer market/industry and appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl.
- Physical work includes climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
- Brewery environment:
- Conditions can run from wet, hot and cold conditions, depending on season.
- Ability to work in frequently loud environments.
- Ability/knowledge to safely work with chemicals present in the brewery.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and lift and/or move over 50 pounds with or without assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.