Marketing Manager - Japan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Here at BrewDog, we’re on a mission to make other people as passionate about great craftbeer as we are. We work at an extremely fast pace to be able to keep up with the accelerated growth that we experience year by year. BrewDog’s approach to marketing is unconventional, designed to disrupt and deliver our mission of making other people as passionate as we are about great craft beer. We are the world’s first carbon negative brewery and have recently become B Corp certified, further adding to our sustainability credentials. With Punk IPA Europe’s #1 craft beer, we are now looking to turbocharge our growth in Japan. Our Marketing teams take a hands on approach, fiercely protecting the BrewDog brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the creation and delivery of an awesome local Marketing plan that delivers against BrewDog’s growth strategy whilst ensuring we are culturally relevant and the story of ambition and success is shared across Japan! Working closely with the local team, distribution partner and the UK based Marketing department, this role will lead with a plan that is aligned to the central strategy to drive awareness, trial and understanding. This role will take charge in ensuring that the BrewDog brand is represented and built in Japan to deliver aggressive growth targets whilst keeping closely aligned with BrewDog central Marketing approach and guidelines.
Development and delivery of a BrewDog marketing plan, localised for Japan and aligned with Sales, Distributor and country objectives
- Drive execution of a global marketing calendar of activity adapted to country specific priorities and translated into local tactics.
- Own understanding of consumer and market insights that can be used to generate Marketing activities
- Support the central Marketing team in delivery of campaigns and collateral
- Own localisation and creation of consumer and trade assets for the market including POS, advertising & PR material, social content and other collateral
- Build and deliver local content calendar for social media and 3rd party channels
- Support distributors and sales teams through development of customer activations to deliver visibility and increased rate of sale
- Deliver local product education programmes for BrewDog
- Manage execution of campaigns, Social Media content, Events and ongoing PR activity – taking a hands on approach to delivery
- Ensure all activities are aligned with brand guidelines
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be part of a local Tokyo-based Commercial team and will be the key-link between our Japanese business and the UK based Marketing team.
- Min 5 years of brand marketing experience including digital & social media either in-house or agency
- Experience of developing marketing activity
- Demonstrable understanding of sales and trade marketing
- Budget management
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in other markets a distinct advantage
- Fluent in English & Japanese, both written and spoken
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Flexible – Aware of and able to adapt to market nuances and requirements
- Passion for craft beer
- Happy to travel for the role
Your application has been successfully submitted.