Craft Beer Bartender
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Bartender under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for ensuring that Tasting Room patrons feel welcomed, are well informed about beer choices, and are served quickly and efficiently. Bartenders will be expected to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends. The Bartender is a vital component of the brewery. The Tasting Room is a key part of our success as it is likely the first experience consumers have with our brand.
- Support The Fermentorium Beverage Company’s values and expectations of quality.
- Ability to know a menu of 24+ beers on a continuous basis
- Engage with each customer directly, giving each the attention they deserve, and making them feel welcome while working to meet their needs quickly and efficiently.
- Politely and respectfully address customers’ questions about the brewery and beer, regardless of their knowledge or experience with craft beer.
- Maintain a clean bar and Tasting Room area.
- Wash dishes and ensure they are stored properly.
- May also have kitchen shifts
- Ensure a safe working environment and support safety improvements.
- Work toward continuous optimization of taproom operations by providing the Manager of Tasting Room and brewery owner with timely feedback.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for craft beer.
- Must enjoy working with the public in a positive and friendly manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Basic familiarity with tablet-based POS systems and other web-based / MS Office software.
- Ability to lift 35-50lbs.
- Ability to move full kegs with the aid of a dolly
- Aptitude for and desire to learn the mechanical workings of taproom equipment in order to address problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering transportation for intoxicated customers.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
- Bartending: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.