This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gunbarrel Brewing Company crafts beer, hospitality and culture with a personal voice that constantly innovates, inspires and brings pleasure to the fantastic people who we welcome, educate and connect with. We engage with our local community, businesses, farms, restaurants/bars, producers and charities. We are a close-knit team of people who are passionate about our craft and value safety, positivity, teamwork, education, innovation and hospitality. We produce and share beer, it's hard work, and it’s really fun.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
Please email .pdf resume and .pdf cover letter thoroughly detailing your qualifications and passion for working with us.
Both are required for your application to be considered.
send to: employment(at)gunbarrelbrewing.com
Use “Production Operator” as the subject line.
No walk-ins please.
Production Operations co-workers at Gunbarrel Brewing Company are responsible for producing beer throughout all stages of the process from raw materials through packaging. They have the ability to work safely, independently, and collaboratively in team settings with great attention to detail and efficiency. Producing a massive portfolio of varied beers each year, our co-workers are accepting of and challenged by a fast-paced, mentally and physically demanding work-environment.
The perfect fit will go the extra mile in both ability and desire. Beyond being a part of the production crew, we are looking for a trusted team member that can contribute to our long term success.
- Follow SOPs for green beer cellaring, packaging and wort production including:
- Tank CIP, SIP, and passivation
- Fermentation management
- Dry hopping, fruit/adjunct additions
- Packaging beer into cans & kegs
- Milling grain
- Operation of filters, flow meters and lab equipment
- Transferring finished beer to brite tanks
- Carbonating beer to specification
- Filling and empty barrels
- Cleaning, sanitation, operation and maintenance of brewing operations equipment
- Maintain prompt, accurate and complete computer based record-keeping
- Efficiently enact the production schedule
- Raw material receiving and inventory management
- Perform in-process and post-packaging sensory evaluation
- Create and improve upon existing SOPs
- Coordinate and perform reactive and preventive maintenance activities
- Maintain safety and sanitation standards on the production floor
- Collaborate to maximize production and efficiency without compromising quality
- Exercise strong understanding of brewing equipment and ability to troubleshoot and maintain
- Maintain a positive, forward-looking and solutions-focused attitude
- Collaborate as a member of a highly autonomous, efficient, engaged and cohesive team
- Assist with creative processes
- Perform other tasks requested as necessary to achieve production goals
- Assist with taproom operations as needed (releases, special considerations)
- Attend all required staff meetings and events
- Able to work with honesty and integrity
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Friendly, professional, can-do, positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to treat co-workers, guests, our product and our facility with great care and respect in an environment free of harassment and discrimination
- Passionate about craft beer
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to learn new skills and follow instructions consistently
- Able to retain confidential company knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
- Remain calm under pressure or when dealing with unexpected challenges or changes
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Able to function in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to pass background inspection
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to exert extensive physical effort, including standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting of weight of up to 160 pounds, repeatedly.
- Able work on your feet for up to 10 consecutive hours
- Carry heavy supplies & equipment without difficulty
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and wet conditions
- Ability to work competently and safely with hazardous materials typical of a brewery
- Physically able and willing to drive a forklift
- Able to work from elevated surfaces
HOURS & AVAILABILITY:
- Work weekdays, weekends, early mornings and/or evenings
- Request time off two weeks in advance
- 4 work days per week minimum
- Flexibility in your availability from week to week required
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- In-Person TIPS certified training (on-line not accepted)
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server (acquire within first month)
CULTURE, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a transparent and collaborative work environment with an emphasis on passion for our product, hospitality, teamwork, safety, positivity & education. You will have the honor of working alongside some of the most awesome and dedicated individuals this industry has to offer. Compensation includes:
- very competitive hourly wage
- optional medical, dental & vision benefits beyond 30+ hrs/ week
- beer, merchandise & discounts
- professional development opportunities
- continual craft beer education
Your application has been successfully submitted.