Senior Cost Accountant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mark Anthony Services is hiring a Senior Cost Accountant to analyze variances between actual and standard costs for materials, labor and overhead, estimating costs for innovation projects and will assist with budgeting and forecasting. This role will also be the lead for month-end close activities including variance account analysis, journal entry creation and performance results reporting. In addition, this role will work cross-functionally in evaluating productivity projects and will provide support for other operational requests.
As a Senior Cost Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the process of creating standard costs for Budget and Forecast for the Hillside, NJ brewery.
- Develop labor costing model for Brewing, Blending and Packaging Operations
- Load budget standards into Planning/Reporting Database and models
- Review P&L accounts, and investigate and report on the drivers of variances to budget, forecast and prior year
- Ongoing accounting duties such as: calculating & processing necessary journal entries in ERP system; preparing month-end balance sheet account reconciliations; providing support for year-end audit activities
- Report performance results, production yields, and weekly and monthly scorecards
- Evaluate variances between actual and standard costs for materials, labor and overhead
- Maintain standard cost rollups for all WIP and finished good items
- Work with R&D, Innovation and Brand Teams to calculate estimated COGS for new product launches as well as changes to existing products
- Support the logistics team from an inventory management perspective, driving adherence to processes and controls at the Phillipsburg warehouse
- Partner with Operations, Procurement and Technical Services to develop a continuous pipeline of productivity initiatives and support with financial valuations
- Provide financial analysis in support of ad hoc plant and corporate initiatives
The Senior Cost Accountant position is well-suited for you if you:
- Are comfortable handling large amount of data and detail, and having the ability to see the big picture to prioritize workload effectively
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing business needs but also laser-focused at being able to execute standard daily and monthly responsibilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Possess a “can do” attitude and believes anything is possible with the right focus.
- Able to work independently and “roll up your sleeves” to make things happen.
- High intensity team player who thrives in a fast paced, high intensity, dynamic environment.
- Strong sense of curiosity, constantly questions the way things are done in a constructive manner and thrives on change that improves results.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience in Cost Accounting and standard product costing with complex bills of materials
- At least 2 years working in a manufacturing cost accounting environment; experience working from a manufacturing facility preferred
- Experience building labor costing models
- Demonstrated expertise using ERP systems and Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the CPG industry preferred
BRING FLAVOR TO LIFE
Mark Anthony Services provides corporate support in the US for Mark Anthony Brewing and Mark Anthony Brands, which produce and sell brands like the iconic White Claw® Hard Seltzer, Mike’s® Hard Lemonade, Mike’s® Harder® Lemonade, and MXD. Mark Anthony Services is a member of The Mark Anthony Group of Companies, one of North America's most diversified and successful private beverage companies focused on the alcohol beverage sector. We are a private, family owned business that cares for people
As the company grows, so does its inclusive and expressive culture. The Company is a unique blend of entrepreneurial determination and drive with advanced information systems and disciplined focus. We are grounded in our core values of Sense of Urgency, Authenticity, Simplicity, Humility, and Trust. These come to life everyday through our 5Cs, the 5 core behaviors necessary to be successful here: Communication, Collaboration, Commitment, Competence and Curiosity.
If you are curious, collaborative, focused and thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a long-term role with a company that is transforming the industry – while having some fun - we want you to consider joining our family!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.