Senior Health & Safety Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mark Anthony Brewing is hiring a Senior Health & Safety Specialist collaborate with site leadership and employee groups to provide direction and execute on actions that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local and company Safety and Health standards. You will be responsible for leading and supporting a comprehensive safety, industrial hygiene, and fire protection environment at the Columbia Brewery. You will be leading program development and analysis, managing risk, prioritizing exposure evaluations, and auditing for compliance with existing and proposed regulatory requirements, and developing preventative measures for controlling potential occupational health and safety employee injuries and illnesses, property damage, and industrial hygiene exposures.
This is your opportunity to be a part of an innovative team in a brand new, state-of-the-art brewing facility in Columbia, SC.
As a Senior Health & Safety Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Plant Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to develop and implement health and safety programs, policies and procedures. This will include developing the necessary training modules to ensure that employees understand and can execute established procedures while meeting all FDA, EPA, OSHA, DOT and GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) requirements as well as ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and local government safety codes and regulations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety programs and systems through consistent monitoring and auditing; provides expert analysis and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Lead site incident management (with support from Corporate QEHS) with regards to food safety, environmental compliance and safety. Examples include FDA Recall, OSHA and EPA notifications.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining systems to track key EHS performance indicators.
- Maintains oversight of safety recognition program. First point of contact for site safety concerns.
- Identifies safety and health regulatory compliance requirements and gaps; coach and lead field locations in the development of a corrective action plan to address root basic causes and management system gaps using industry-recognized cause analysis techniques; coordinates to ensure requirements are met and plans are in effect to address any gaps.
- Conduct daily safety inspections and equipment audits, document findings, and implement corrective actions. Analyze hazards and safety statistics to develop action plans and recommends corrective measures to drive out unsafe conditions and behaviors to achieve a 0 TIR (Total Incident Rate).
- Investigate, review, and implement corrective actions from incidents. Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use.
- Effectively manages and annually audits site safety documentation and records.
- Lead and provide oversight of workforce injury cases. Coordinate and assist with early return to work for lost time injuries.
- Review and maintain all company personal injury records. Develop strategies that will successfully bring injured employees back to work in a timely fashion.
- Monitors changes in federal, state and local safety and health codes, and communicates such changes to brewery management.
- Partners with department leadership to ensure safe and appropriate tools, equipment and supplies are purchased for brewery use and audits for effectiveness.
- Collaborates on development of and maintenance of the site Health and Safety database for the site to document incident investigations, near miss reports, corrective actions, OSHA logs and JSA’s.
- Ensures plant wide communication of safety programs, initiatives, training and awareness.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Process Safety Management, Chemical Safety and Industrial Hygiene. Experience in a Food & Beverage manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments.
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) status preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of a multitude of health and safety regulations and policies with the ability to interpret and communicate the requirements effectively and assist the facility with implementation and management.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office and the ability to quickly learn and utilize other standardized systems.
- Minimal travel will be required, sometimes on short notice in response to an issue or incident.
The Senior Health & Safety Specialist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have the proven ability to develop, motivate, and empower employees while fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to perform risk assessments and determine plausible corrective actions. Ability to lead risk reduction initiatives.
- Experience in developing a collaborative culture for improving safety performance and regulatory compliance.
- Work collaboratively within various teams and can adjust communication/leadership style as needed and when appropriate.
Why work for Mark Anthony Brewing in Columbia?
Mark Anthony Brewing, the 4th Largest Brewer in the United States, will be opening our revolutionary, state-of-the-art brewing and packaging facility in Columbia, SC in mid-2021. It is the largest, most advanced brewery built in the United States within the last 25 years. The over one million sq. ft. facility will employ a team of over 300 people with a shared passion for quality and doing what’s right. Come join us on this once-in-a-lifetime journey as we start up our flagship facility in Columbia, SC.
Mark Anthony Brewing Inc. (MABrewing) provides supply chain management for and produces category-defining brands like the iconic White Claw® Hard Seltzer, Mike’s® Hard Lemonade, Mike’s® Harder® Lemonade, Cayman Jack® and MXD. We are a disruptive innovator and true high performer are proud to produce the best tasting products in the brewing industry.
Our collaborative culture is unapologetically fast paced, entrepreneurial, and results driven. We act like owners and embody a sense of urgency and pride in everything we do, while ensuring we always overdeliver on quality. We treat each other with humility, authenticity and celebrate our diverse and inclusive culture, in which everyone can thrive. Safety is paramount, and we are proud to provide a safe and healthy work environment in each of our state-of-the-art facilities.
People are the most important ingredient at Mark Anthony Brewing. Each team member makes an impact on our family-owned business and we share a genuine entrepreneurial spirit and relentless drive to always raise the bar. Together, we nurture a deep sense of community in our organization with a true passion and love for what we do.
Our common purpose is to continuously innovate, think differently and always overdeliver on quality for our customers and consumers. Despite everything we have achieved we take nothing for granted, remain humble, and our success inspires us to push the boundaries of innovation and creativity even further. If you are curious, collaborative, focused and thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a long-term role with a company that is transforming the industry – while having some fun - we want you to consider joining our family!
Please visit MABrewing.com and find our careers page to get started.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.