This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mark Anthony Brewing is hiring a Brewing Supervisor to work closely with the Sr. Manager of the Brewery, Brewing Leads and the Brewing Operators to ensure daily and weekly tasks are being completed on-time and according to standard operating procedures. As a front-line leader in the brewery, the Brewing Supervisor will make certain that Safety and Quality are at the forefront of all activities for both them and their team.
This is your opportunity to be a part of an innovative team in a brand new, state-of-the-art brewing facility in Columbia, SC.
As a Brewing Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
- Recommend Brewing recipe and process changes to the Brewery Manager by reviewing Quality and Process Data.
- Utilize understanding of Fermentation science to monitor fermenter efficiency and movement.
- Ensure continuous operation of process equipment through active operator management, process monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Actively mentor, coach, and hold accountable brewing operators as it relates to safety, quality, productivity, continuous improvement and team harmony. Audit operator performance to ensure quality inspection of product is completed per the SOPs.
- Analyze finished product quality data to adjust process parameters of inline blending systems.
- Monitor CIP effectiveness and adjust system parameters based on titration and ATP data.
- Monitor audit data of inline instrumentation and provide feedback to the maintenance team for calibrations.
- Analyze micro data to understand and close gaps in process sanitation.
- Be an active participant in the sensory analysis of raw materials, in-process and finished goods.
- Drive preventative and routine operator maintenance program including operator checks and lubrication of machinery and equipment.
- Audit documentation to ensure completion of inventory checks, quality inspections, sanitation requirements, batch and blending production and basic maintenance tasks.
The Brewing Supervisor will be fully cross trained in all areas of the department and will be qualified to complete all tasks in the brewing, sanitation, quality and maintenance areas.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Brewing/Fermentation OR 8 years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years of supervisory / leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous Brewing or high-speed food/beverage manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Forklift experience a plus (certification not required)
- Demonstrated and effective use of computer skills such as MS office, Teams, OneNote, and email.
- Proven ability to implement and maintain a management system.
The Brewing Supervisor position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have the proven ability to develop, motivate, and empower employees while fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
- Enjoy developing Brewing Leads to be strong leaders exhibiting the values of Mark Anthony Brewing.
- can provide and receive open and regular feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Work collaboratively within various teams and can adjust communication/leadership style as needed and when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate job knowledge and process changes to the brewing team members and management through various forms of daily communication (shift handover meeting, daily production meetings, email, action logs, work orders, etc.).
Relocation Available? Yes
Why work for Mark Anthony Brewing in Columbia?
Mark Anthony Brewing, the 4th Largest Brewer in the United States, will be opening our revolutionary, state-of-the-art brewing and packaging facility in Columbia, SC in mid-2021. It is the largest, most advanced brewery built in the United States within the last 25 years. The over one million sq. ft. facility will employ a team of over 300 people with a shared passion for quality and doing what’s right. Come join us on this once-in-a-lifetime journey as we start up our flagship facility in Columbia, SC.
Mark Anthony Brewing Inc. (MABrewing) provides supply chain management for and produces category-defining brands like the iconic White Claw® Hard Seltzer, Mike’s® Hard Lemonade, Mike’s® Harder® Lemonade, Cayman Jack® and MXD. We are a disruptive innovator and true high performer are proud to produce the best tasting products in the brewing industry.
Our collaborative culture is unapologetically fast paced, entrepreneurial, and results driven. We act like owners and embody a sense of urgency and pride in everything we do, while ensuring we always overdeliver on quality. We treat each other with humility, authenticity and celebrate our diverse and inclusive culture, in which everyone can thrive. Safety is paramount, and we are proud to provide a safe and healthy work environment in each of our state-of-the-art facilities.
People are the most important ingredient at Mark Anthony Brewing. Each team member makes an impact on our family-owned business and we share a genuine entrepreneurial spirit and relentless drive to always raise the bar. Together, we nurture a deep sense of community in our organization with a true passion and love for what we do.
Our common purpose is to continuously innovate, think differently and always overdeliver on quality for our customers and consumers. Despite everything we have achieved we take nothing for granted, remain humble, and our success inspires us to push the boundaries of innovation and creativity even further. If you are curious, collaborative, focused and thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a long-term role with a company that is transforming the industry – while having some fun - we want you to consider joining our family!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.