This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mark Anthony Brewing is hiring an Environmental Engineer to develop, implement and supervise the environmental program at Mark Anthony’s brand new, state-of-the-art brewing facility in Glendale, AZ. He or she will work closely with the brewery partners as well as local, State and Federal agencies regarding the brewery’s environmental impact.
As an Environmental Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Support the development, administration and implementation of environmental and safety and health programs in accordance with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 registrations, which include regulatory requirements regulated by the EPA, OSHA and USDOT.
- To assess and supervise site compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental regulations. Works with plant personnel to ensure compliance. Conduct site regulatory compliance audits including environmental incident investigations.
- Perform site compliance sampling and submission to lab for analysis.
- Responsible to prepare applicable regulatory/company deliverable reports.
- Development of work plans for various types of site and field investigation activities. Management and implementation of site and field investigation protocols.
- Regulatory agency submittals, including permit applications, supervising reports, etc. and interface-liaison. Lead and update all environmental programs and permits for wastewater discharge, storm water, hazardous waste, SPCC, and other regulatory requirements as they pertain to the specific location.
- Review and analyze internal Command Media documents as well as documentation issued by the federal EPA, DEP and USDOT.
- Evaluate proposed regulations to determine financial, industrial, public and environmental impact.
- Responsible to facilitate environmental incident prevention and investigation processes and prepare reports to appropriate agencies.
- Advise the facility’s waste minimization program. Supervise waste streams and waste products to determine ways to eliminate or minimize waste generation including wastewater treatment system and the accurate permit compliance and direct water conservation activities.
- Site assessment and remediation experience including brownfields, well installation and monitoring, test pits, and various types of subsurface investigation activities per ASTM, state and federal requirements.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental engineering.
- 3-5 years’ Environmental Engineering experience within a manufacturing or industrial work environment; minimum 1 year of EHS experience in a manufacturing, test or industrial environment.
- Experience in preparing environmental permit applications.
- Proven knowledge of OSHA, and Environmental requirements, regulations and associated compliance programs.
- ESH experience in subject areas such as industrial safety, material handling, NFPA Life Safety Code, lock-out-tag-out, and hazard recognition and other industrial safety programs.
- Experience coordinating environmental compliance training.
- Maintain a familiarity with all environmental media (i.e., air, water/wastewater, waste).
- Ability to ensure regulatory compliance with minimal direct supervision. Site assessment, remediation, and water resources experience and knowledge of related and applicable federal and state regulatory statutes and legislation is required.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Management (CHMM), Safety Professional certification (CSP) or other ESH nationally recognized certifications is preferred.
Relocation Available? No
The Environmental Engineer position is well-suited for you if you are:
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Safety oriented individual with hands-on demeanor
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task
- Hands-on demeanor and willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Attention to small details
- Understanding of financial systems and controls
- Agile and adaptable to entrepreneurial, and evolving environments
- Team oriented
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within the state of Arizona.
Why work at Mark Anthony Brewing
Are you interested in working for the fastest growing beer company in the US? If so, check out the opportunities Mark Anthony Brewing offers!
Mark Anthony Brewing Inc. (MAB) is a division of The Mark Anthony Group of Companies, one of North America's most diversified and successful private beverage companies focused on the beverage alcohol sector. Mark Anthony Brewing Inc. provides supply chain management for The Mark Anthony Group of Companies and is focused on building for the long-term. MAB produces the iconic White Claw® Hard Seltzer, Mike’s® Hard Lemonade, Mike’s® Harder® Lemonade, Cayman Jack® and MXD brands for the western United States. We are a disruptive innovator and true high performer in the brewing industry.
As the company grows, so does its inclusive and expressive culture. If you are curious, collaborative, focused and thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a long-term role with a company that is transforming the industry – while having some fun - we want you to consider joining our family!
Please visit mabrewing.com and find our careers page to get started.
Mark Anthony Brewing Company Information
We are a private, family owned business that cares for people and are proud to produce the best tasting products in the industry. We have revolutionized the flavored malt beverage industry with category-defining brands like mike’s® Hard Lemonade, launched in 1999, and America’s #1 Hard Seltzer, White Claw®.
The Company is a unique blend of entrepreneurial determination and drive with advanced information systems and disciplined focus on creating and making better tasting products that consumers love to discover. Using our proprietary technology, we brew the purest malt base in the industry.
We are grounded in our core values of Sense of Urgency, Authenticity, Simplicity, Humility, and Trust. These come to life every day through our 5Cs, the 5 core behaviors necessary to be successful here: Communication, Collaboration, Commitment, Competence and Curiosity.
Preferred Bachelors or better.
Your application has been successfully submitted.