Who We Are:
Guilford Hall is a new brewery that is shaking up the brewery scene in Baltimore. We are located in Baltimore City just north of Penn Station and in the up-and-coming neighborhood of Station North. We brew easy drinking, European style, traditional lagers and ales. We are looking for an experienced brewer to be part of a growing team. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something special and help to develop our team into one of the best breweries on the East Coast.
What you’ll do:
The assistant brewer position at Guilford Hall will be part of a growing team focusing on producing award winning European style brews. Duties will include performing daily brewing functions to meet production goals. The scope of duties includes but is not limited to brewhouse, cellar work, filtration, CIP, cleaning and attending events. This position reports to the Head Brewer.
- Maintain proficiency in all production areas: brewhouse, cellar, and filtration
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including varied shift determined by management and dictated by business/facility
- Load raw materials and process aids in the product at various production stages
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work area
- Set up hoses, fittings, and clamps as required for production and cleaning operations
- Perform production operations, CIP’s, and sanitation practices with strict adherence to SOP’s set forth in training
- Perform basic maintenance task on pumps, valves, tanks, and process equipment
- Embrace a process of and opportunities for continual improvement
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 1-3 years of brewing experience working on a 10 BBL or greater system.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Formal brewing education a plus
- A college degree is great but not required. What’s more important is having the skills to do the job. If you don’t have a college degree, other acceptable experiences could include:
- Experience noted above, OR
- Military experience where skills including teamwork, adaptability, organization, and follow-through
- Safety and quality focused in all work activities
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task, adapt to changing situations, prioritize, & manage time while being detail oriented
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving
- Great sense of humor
- Handle multiple demands and rapid change
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Available to work events and some weekends as needed
- Willingness to fill in other job duties as necessary
- Physical Requirements – Candidate should be able to lift at least 30 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to always conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 401(k) (after 1 year of employment)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Some Weekends, Nights
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a European-style brewery, restaurant and biergarten with a spectacular, open concept private event space.