This job is no longer accepting applications.
Civil Society Brewing Co. is looking for an experienced, Brewer with quality and integrity to join the team. The ideal candidate should have at least two years of professional brewing experience – a formal brewing education is a plus. Responsibilities include all facets of the brewing process including wort production, cellaring operations, and some packaging duties. The successful applicant will have a rigorous approach to quality standards and an unconditional commitment to making exceptional beer.
This is a very hands-on position. Flexibility with schedule is needed. The candidate must be able to multi-task efficiently, problem solve, and work well with others and independently. Thorough knowledge of process, quality, and ingredients along with strong planning and organizational abilities are a must. Communication skills, both written and oral, attention to detail, and an emphasis on quality are necessary for this job. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. This is a full time position.
- Minimum two years of professional brewing experience
- Formal brewing education preferred but not required
- Focus on quality and safety
- Proven ability to ensure efficiency in brewing and fermentation operations
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Must be able to multi-task and problem solve
- Ability to strictly adhere to established recipes, processes, and SOPs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Safe chemical handling knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude – knowledge of machinery and systems
- Strong work ethic and dedication to the improvement of quality and processes
- Ability to safely and repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
- Forklift aptitude
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule
- Work in hot/cold and wet environments that requiring twisting, bending, and pulling in tight areas
- Stand for the duration of an 8-hour shift
- Use a ladder
- Malt handling and wort production
- Dry hopping
- Packaging operations – keg filling and additional support
- Responsible for documentation of brewing activities
- Maintain safe and clean working environment and comply with all applicable procedures
- Yeast management including harvesting, pitching and record keeping
- CIP of fermenters, brite tanks, separation equipment, and general cleaning
- Foster a safety culture by using proper PPE and best practices
- Must efficiently multitask during an 8-hour shift.
- Job Benefits:
- Total Compensation to be determined by experience
- Health Benefits
- Company outings, discounts, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.