This job is no longer accepting applications.
Being part of the Alaskan Brew Crew is more than a job-it’s a lifestyle. Alaskan Brewing Co. offers career opportunities with growth potential to talented, energetic and creative individuals who have a passion for life and work. Every member of the Brew Crew enthusiastically contributes to the quality, customer satisfaction and development of the company’s brands, the craft brewing industry and the local community. The following departments comprise Alaskan Brewing: Brewing, Packaging, Quality Assurance, Accounting, Engineering, Logistics, Maintenance, Human Resources, Retail, and Marketing and Sales.
Alaskan Brewing Co. offers health, dental, and vision insurance as well as paid holidays and vacation, life insurance, a 401(k) with employee match, potential profit sharing, and opportunity for personal growth and professional development. The Brew Crew also takes part in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP) and as such are owners of Alaskan Brewing.
Both Full-Time and Part-Time opportunities available!
Packagers are responsible for running packaging equipment safely and efficiently. Packagers may be expected to work the bottling line, canning line, variety pack line and kegging line. They are responsible for a variety of cleaning duties and light maintenance tasks. Packagers work in rotating shifts: Day, Swing and Graveyard. Shifts and work days may be altered at any time based upon production needs, but will normally include a 40 hour work week with consecutive days off. Overtime may be required as needed.
- Load and unload vans with forklift and pallet jacks.
- Set up, operate, and clean the kegging line as directed and perform light maintenance as needed.
- Set up, operate, and clean all canning, variety pack and bottling line equipment as directed, and perform light maintenance if needed.
- Report equipment malfunctions or anomalies, or loss of efficient operation to maintenance or packaging supervisors immediately.
- Accurately and legibly fill out bottling and kegging logs.
- Cleaning of equipment, building and floors. Must keep work area clean at all times.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform quality control procedures and processes including product code dating, beer approval tasting, and finish product examination and testing.
- Packaging requires teamwork. This includes the ability and willingness to perform different tasks depending on the needs of the team, as well as the ability to cooperate and communicate effectively with others for the overall good of the team.
- Packaging typically requires repetitive work in a noisy environment.
- Packaging requires using potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals.
- Packaging work is sometimes physically demanding and requires working under the time pressures of a fast paced assembly-line.
- Packaging requires cleanliness of work areas to maintain food quality standards.
- Packaging involves moving machinery which can be hazardous to personnel, safety awareness and compliance is expected.
Knowledge or Skills:
- Prior Forklift knowledge is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of packaging technology and techniques preferred.
If you are interested in having fun while growing with one of the top 20 craft breweries in the country submit your application below. Position open until filled.
Note: Please make sure to completely fill out job history section on the application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.