Tap Room Staff
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the front line of our brewery, our Tap Room staff are vital members of our team. As the primary – and often the only – point of contact for customers visiting our brewery, Tap Room team members serve as ambassadors of our brand. The ability to project your passion for Banded Brewing Co. and craft beer culture in general is a must. The ideal candidate for this position will also be enthusiastic, have a friendly and outgoing personality, value customer service, and strive to continually educate both themselves and guests on our beers and the industry as a whole.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pour beers like a champ
- Guide customers in their experience with beer by providing information and recommendations with confidence and enthusiasm
- Maintain high standards of customer service by creating a welcoming, memorable experience for all patrons
- Educate customers about our beer, different styles, and the brewing process; as well as the history and culture around American craft beer
- Follow verbal and written direction in completing all opening and closing responsibilities
- Maintain a balanced cash register through accurate cash handling and credit card transactions
- Take pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of the tap room and potentially other areas of the facility, as needed
- Restock all packaged goods, merchandise, and supplies – this will require lifting cases of beer
- Thoroughly follow responsible serving protocol, including checking identification of all guests to verify age requirements are met for the purchase of alcohol
- Represent the brewery with a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Ability to lead guided tastings and tours of our brewery with groups of 10+ guests
Key Job Skills:
- Relevant service or craft beer industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with local beer culture is strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills with both customers and coworkers
- Team player with the ability to multitask, and to work calmly, efficiently, and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Accurately follow verbal/written directions
- Possess strong basic math skills, along with the ability to handle money and operate a cash register
- Must be of legal drinking age (21+)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Lifting, carrying, and/or moving kegs of up to 160 lbs with the assistance of a co-worker or hand truck
- Possess server training certification (TIPS, Cicerone Level 1, or equivalents) – or be willing to successfully complete training to achieve these certifications (Banded Brewing will cover costs required to obtain certifications)
- 2-3 afternoon/evening shifts weekly. Shift duration ranges from 6 to 9 hours.
- Weekend availability required
- This is a tipped wage position
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to bandtogether “at” bandedbrewing.com and we will consider you for an interview!
Your application has been successfully submitted.