Brewer and Cellarperson
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The ideal person for this position is professional, organized, ambitious, and has 1+ years of brewery experience. If you’re awesome and passionate about well-crafted beer, we’d love to talk with you!
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Safe handling of cleaning chemicals, gases, pressurized vessels, hot liquor, etc.
- General promotion of safety and quality culture within the brewery
- Wort production on a 20bbl brewhouse
- Learn, understand and execute brewing operations according to Banded Brewing Co. standard operating procedures
- Transfer of wort from brew house to fermenter to bright cellar in a sanitary manner
- Proper use and maintenance of parts and equipment including hoses, gaskets, pumps, etc.
- Complete tasks and maintain brewing records using Ekos Brewmaster
- Assist in Cellaring and Packaging when needed
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and organized work environment all times; including but not limited to cleaning floors, walls, tanks, and other brewing equipment
- CIP of brewhouse and ancillary equipment
- Ensure department maintains a commitment to consistent and quality products
- Open, effective, and professional communication with all team members
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of how to operate safely and maintain a safe working environment
- Minimum of 1 year of brewery experience
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Able to operate a forklift and pallet jack, with instruction as needed
- Ability to keep meticulous records via daily data entry
- Strong possession of common sense in all areas of work, including problem-solving and communication
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to regularly lift/carry 44 pound boxes, 55 pound bags and periodically lift/move 165 pounds
- Able to work in a production environment which may be loud, wet, slick, humid, cold and/or hot
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently without loss of attention to quality
- Able to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
- Competitive hourly wage + overtime
- Wages commensurate with experience
- Health insurance eligible
- PTO + paid company holidays
We are also always happy to receive general inquiries from qualified applicants! Please forward your resume and cover letter to bandtogether “at” bandedbrewing.com to be considered for any and all future opportunities!
Banded Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.