Senior Financial Analyst (SEC Reporting)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors Beverage Company, formerly MillerCoors, is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re Talent Brewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
The position is part of the overall technical accounting & SEC reporting team and is responsible for leading and supporting the organization in the filing of periodic reports with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, including the quality and timely delivery of the quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K as well as 8-K, 1933 Act registration statements, and other required reporting. This role is a member of the team responsible for planning, development and filing periodic reports with the SEC, ensuring those filings are the result of a collaborative process with quality supporting documentation. The team is also responsible for providing financial support and owning monthly close processes related to functions such as M&A, Treasury, Tax and others. This role will also have the opportunity to support the overall team in other areas such as the preparation of financial statements, accounting research, resolving technical accounting issues, implementation of new accounting standards, and reviewing contracts for accounting implications. This position will have exposure to our business leaders across functions including interaction with other Finance teams and various other departments.
- Lead the planning, development and filing of assigned sections of periodic reports with the SEC including financial statements, footnotes, XBRL, MD&A, etc.
- Contributor to the SEC reporting process and responsible for maintaining and enhancing the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting related to assigned disclosures and compliance with SEC rules and regulations.
- Act as liaison between Business Unit finance, FP&A, Investor Relations, Legal and External Audit for assigned areas to achieve quality and timely filings.
- Review and assess assigned disclosures for technical compliance, communicate requirements to content providers and contribute to implementation of best practices, issue resolution and coordination of public offerings.
- Support Investor Relations with the update and compliance of our earnings release materials (including earning release financial information accuracy and completeness)
- Contribute to the assessment of technical accounting and SEC disclosure implications of major corporate events including significant contracts, mergers and acquisitions, debt/equity offerings, borrowing/repayments, etc.
• Support assigned accounting and reporting compliance through accounting research, memo preparation and resolving technical accounting issues.
• Support the evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
• Review assigned contracts for accounting implications.
Functional Finance Support:
- Partner with the assigned business function(s) and finance team(s) to enable compliant financial reporting
- Own and operate business processes that contribute to financial reporting for the assigned business function(s)
The Other Qualifications
Education Level / Experience:
- Relative 4 yr. degree
- A minimum 4 years of financial accounting / analyst experience
- Prior public accounting experience preferred
Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong working knowledge of public company (SEC-regulated) financial reporting filing requirements and related system & technology platforms, for example Workiva
• Exposure to accounting research tools and strong research skills
• Strong ability to analyze complex contracts and business arrangements to determine the appropriate accounting treatment
• Knowledge of close process, reporting, systems, controls and disclosure requirements for SEC registrants
• Demonstrated technical skills including: strong attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving, strong communication skills (written and oral), ability to analyze financial statements and impacts, time management skills and ability to exercise sound professional judgment.
• Strong writing and documentaion skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and ability to quickly learn new technology and systems
• Ability to work independently, high-degree of self-initiative and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Previous experience working with Workiva, SAP, BPC consolidation tool or other financial reporting systems a plus
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
• As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
• We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
• Flexible work programs to ensure a work life balance is maintained
• Access to beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
• Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and vision
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Your application has been successfully submitted.