Chain Account Manager - On Premise
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A Career in Beer: #CDC
Coors Distributing Company (CDC) is one of the nation’s leading beer distributors based out of Denver, CO. We are the critical link between our brewery suppliers that produce the beer and the retail outlets where they are sold, as well as the restaurants and bars where they are consumed. We were founded in 1971 and became a MillerCoors LLC in 2008 as part of the joint venture between Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company, and we remain the only company owned distributor for Molson Coors Beverage Company. Major brand acquisitions occurred in January of 2010 making Coors Distributing Company one of the top 25 largest beer distributors in the country with over 30 suppliers, roughly 14 million cases per year, and nearly 400 employees.
In the role of Chain Account Manager- On Premise in Denver, CO you will be a part of the Sales department at CDC. This person serves as the primary point of contact between the chain, the supplier chain representative, and the internal sales force. This individual will ensure that distribution and programming mandates are met on a per store level basis, and effectively manage the Tel-Sell team including the development, training, troubleshooting, supporting, and transition into the Retailer Portal. This position will also lead reporting initiatives for the on premise sales channel and serve as a training focal.
This position reports to the Senior Sales Manager - On Premise and collaborates with the sales teams, marketing team, and external suppliers.
- Management of Tel-Sell representatives including: training and development, monthly & year-end performance management/calibration processes for their team, coaching employees using market one on one training, staffing of team, etc.
- Driving performance of the on-premsie chain group with the internal sales organization through individual influence including: monthly work with's with suppliers, working with CDC brand managers on programming, partnering with inventory management team to forecast, completing weekly preplans & market recaps, etc.
- Serving as lead for data reporting to on premise sales channel
- Quality Assurance: conducting monthly quality audits in the market, tracking/maintaining rotation schedule with on-premise reps & tel-sell teams, & overall understanding/complying with Molson Coors & CDC quality guidelines
- Meeting or exceeding established sales objectives on a monthly and annual basis for the entire portfolio in assigned chain accounts including both volume and profit
- Identifying and resolving retail and supplier concerns at assigned chains
- Communicating national programs to internal sales team, and assuming responsibility for communication and uploading information into BigTinCan (reporting program)
- Owning communication of IRI data & providing training/presentations to the on-premise channel and suppliers regarding: current pricing/product/programs/chain mandates, reviews of volume & distribution, channel insights, programming results, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with chain account reps, supplier chain reps, and the internal sales team, communicating in a timely and effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned
The Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred
- People management/supervisory experience preferred
- 5-7 years of On-Premise Sales/chain sales experience preferred
- Strong data analysis/interpretation skills required
- Experience managing high-volume key accounts/chain accounts preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate through work experience, leadership, business knowledge, and the ability to envision a successful sales program
- This role requires face to face contact with customers in the market; must have a valid driver's license
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- You will have benefits starting on day 1! This includes participation in our Total Rewards program, parental leave, health, dental and vision
- Access to our on-site gym, Employee Assistance Program and discount plans, and gratis beer
- On-site bar and top events including hospitality twice a week for employees to get together and network with each other
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Job Posting Salary Range: $81,000 - $116,500
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Your application has been successfully submitted.