Manager, SEC Reporting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A Career in Beer
Our purpose at Molson Coors Beverage Company, formerly MillerCoors, is uniting people to celebrate all life’s moments. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
The position is part of the overall Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting team based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and is responsible for leading and supporting the organization in the filing of periodic reports with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, including the quality and timely delivery of Form 10-Qs, Form 10-Ks, Form 8-Ks, 1933 Act registration statements and other required reporting. As an active member of the team, you will facilitate the planning, development and filing of periodic reports with the SEC ensuring those filings are a result of a collaborative process with quality supporting documentation. The team is also responsible for providing financial support and owning monthly close processes related to functions such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Treasury, Stock-Based Compensation, Pension and others. This role will also have the opportunity to support the overall team in other areas such as the preparation of financial statements, accounting research, resolving technical accounting issues, implementation of new accounting standards and reviewing contracts for accounting implications. This position will have exposure to our business leaders across functions including interaction with other Finance teams and various other departments.
- Lead the planning, development and filing of assigned sections of periodic reports with the SEC including financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and XBRL, etc.
- Contributor to the SEC reporting process and responsible for maintaining and enhancing the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting related to assigned disclosures and compliance with SEC rules and regulations.
- Act as a liaison between Business Unit Finance, FP&A, Investor Relations, Legal and External Audit for assigned areas to achieve quality and timely filings. Coordinate and oversee the data collection process, reviewing the inputs and validating the data gathered.
- Review and assess assigned disclosures for technical compliance, communicate requirements to content providers and contribute to implementation of best practices, issue resolution and coordination of public filings.
- Contribute to the assessment of technical accounting and SEC disclosure implications of major corporate events including significant contracts, mergers and acquisitions, debt/equity offerings, borrowings/repayments, etc.
- Support assigned accounting and reporting compliance through accounting research, memo preparation and resolving technical accounting issues.
- Own the contract review process, coordinating with finance business partners and the controller group to ensure the contract review policy is followed.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
Functional Finance Support
- Partner with the assigned business function(s) and finance team(s) to enable compliant financial reporting.
- Own and operate business processes that contribute to financial reporting for the assigned business function(s)
The Other Qualifications
Education Level and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA certification, strongly preferred
- Prior public accounting experience preferred
- 6+ years of financial accounting experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of public company (SEC-regulated) financial reporting filing requirements (including XBRL) and related system and technology platforms, such as Workiva
- Strong research skills
- Strong ability to analyze complex contracts and business arrangements to determine the appropriate accounting treatment
- Knowledge of the close process, reporting, systems, controls and disclosure requirements for SEC registrants
- Demonstrated technical skills including strong attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving, strong communication skills (written and oral), ability to analyze financial statements and impacts, time management skills and ability to exercise sound professional judgment.
- Strong documentation skills
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word and an ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- SAP, Blackline, Wdesk and BPC consolidation tool experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, high-degree of self-initiative and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Work Perks that you Need to Know About
- As the world’s family brewer, we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe.
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Flexible work programs to ensure a work life balance is maintained.
- Access to beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans.
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and vision
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Your application has been successfully submitted.