This job is no longer accepting applications.
For more than two decades, our mission at Smuttynose Brewing Company has remained simple: to brew the best beer we can in a way we can be proud of. That includes honoring New England’s rich history of beer making, respecting our environment and playing an active role in our community. Under new leadership and ownership, Finestkind Brewing Company intends to do the same thing; make great beer and serve great food and we need your help.
Great food. Great beer. Community. That is why our guests come to the Smuttynose Restaurant located at the Smuttynose Brewery campus. We are actively seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Bartender to add to our Smuttynose Restaurant team. Are you passionate about beer, love to make people smile and want to be part of a community? Then this could be the home for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Greet all customers to make them feel welcome and at home
- Make recommendations and answer all related inquiries
- Take food and drink orders and serve customers
- Work closely with servers, host and kitchen staff to make the customers experience seamless
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Keep bar area clean in accordance with the company’s guidelines as well as the requirements of the local health department
- Process orders and payments through the POS system
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the shift and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally
- Stay guest focused at all times and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Comply with all company polices and guidelines
- High school diploma/GED required
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of beer, in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy. POS knowledge
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of standard drinks and bar equipment
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, reach and bend, and stand for an 8-hour shift
- High energy level
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communications skills required
- Relevant training certifications
Finestkind Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Finestkind is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Finestkind are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Finestkind will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Finestkind encourages applicants of all ages
Your application has been successfully submitted.