This job is no longer accepting applications.
REPORTS TO: Pub or Taproom Manager
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION: The Beertender is responsible for interacting with guests and visitors in a manner that enhances the Marble experience by serving craft beer and educating guests while adhering to Marble’s alcohol service policy.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with guests in a manner that creates a welcoming environment for the enjoyment of craft beer and which nurtures an excellent guest experience.
- Deliver a consistently high level of guest service to each guest and maintain a safe environment by identifying problem guests and dealing with them appropriately.
- Assess guests’ needs and beverage preferences and make beer recommendations.
- Check guest’s identification and confirm each guest is of legal drinking age.
- Assess guest behavior to avoid overserving a guest or serving an intoxicated guest.
- Re-stock and replenish bar supplies as well as the reach-in “to go” beer cooler.
- Learn about, understand and be able to explain the beer styles available on draft in the taproom, including describing flavor profiles and ingredients.
- Process guest payments throughout the shift and be able to account for any discrepancies in the final tally of sales.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Marble Brewery Alcohol Policy and attend Marble’s Responsible Alcohol Service seminar at least annually.
- Monitor and maintain all sound and lighting levels to maintain proper ambience.
- Keep all areas of the Pub or Taproom clean, orderly, and well maintained and perform cleaning, opening and closing tasks, or other tasks, as assigned by the Taproom Manager.
- Take on other day to day activities necessary to keep the Pub or Taproom running smoothly and efficiently.
- Work with all levels of management in providing a superior Taproom experience
- Experience working in and serving customers in a food and beverage business (e.g., a restaurant, bar or taproom).
- Current New Mexico Alcohol Server certificate.
- Passion for craft beer.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Excellent communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a full-time or part-time position working in a bar environment. This position requires the employee to interact with the public in a friendly and welcoming manner and at times may require dealing with intoxicated, unruly or unpleasant people. This job requires a flexible weekly schedule including days, evenings, nights and weekends, as necessary, as well as festivals and special events.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Beertender must be able to stand for extended periods, be able to negotiate a crowd of beer drinkers, be able to lift and move cases and kegs of beer, be good with people and be capable of independent thought and communication.
Your application has been successfully submitted.