This job is no longer accepting applications.
REPORTS TO: 111 Brewery Production Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Shift Brewer is responsible for brewing quality beer in a timely manner pursuant to established procedures in such a way as to facilitate maximizing production of high-quality craft beer.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely and efficiently produce wort pursuant to established recipes and procedures for all Marble classic and specialty beers.
- Transfer wort and beer in partnership with the cellar and packaging teams.
- Perform cleaning procedures on all equipment to ensure sanitary conditions in the brewery and the production of beer free of contamination.
- Participate in and assist as necessary with quality control and laboratory procedures to ensure production of high-quality beer.
- Following the beer through its life cycle from mashing in and wort production, to cellar transfer, to dry hopping, crashing, and packaging to maintain quality throughout the entire process of producing craft beer.
- Assist with draft system maintenance at the 111 tap room.
- Perform brewhouse, fermenter and brite tank cleaning cycles.
- Document all steps of the brewing process and all materials and ingredients utilized on a written or electronic brew log and in the Ekos brewery management system.
- Maintain a safe work environment and participate regularly in safety training.
- Utilize the GroupMe app or other designated group communication tool to facilitate efficient communication across the entire brewery team.
- Experience producing and packaging high-quality craft beer at another craft brewery.
- Ability to follow procedures and document all steps in the brewing process.
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and comfortability using database and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a team-oriented position that requires the employee to work independently as well as a part of a larger team. The Shift Brewer will follow the weekly production plan and will communicate constantly with the 111 Production Manager and other shift brewers to brew the correct beer on time and with high quality. The Shift Brewer will be able to adapt quickly to changes in production scheduling and will be able to operate multiple types of complex machinery such as boilers, air compressors, glycol chillers, a commercial brewhouse, heat exchangers, pumps, grain mills, powered industrial trucks, laboratory equipment and other equipment necessary to the production of beer. This job works on a schedule of four 10-hour days which may not be consecutive and which will involve early morning and/or late-night hours, including some weekend work.
REQUIREMENTS: The Shift Brewer should be able to lift, and be comfortable lifting, 50-pound bags of grain, cases and kegs of beer and boxes of supplies, be proficient in operating powered industrial trucks (automated and manual pallet jacks, forklifts) and in using a hand truck and to lift heavy objects on a regular basis and standing for extended periods.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Your application has been successfully submitted.