Brewery Lab Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Responsible for daily quality control monitoring and testing; routine process control testing; analysis and report preparation; and general lab maintenance. This is a full-time position.
Successful candidate will have solid understanding of proper laboratory techniques and quality control microbiology. Candidate will possess a thorough understanding of testing procedures and techniques for chemical, physical, and biological analysis, and the ability to learn more advanced techniques. Candidate must be detail oriented, self-directed and possess good time-management skills. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with all members of the team, both orally and in writing. Computer literacy is necessary, including Microsoft and Excel, and the ability to learn technical software programs related to the lab is required. Successful candidate will follow established procedures and protocols, as well as develop or improve written Standard Operating Procedures for the lab as needed.
Typical duties and areas of responsibility may include:
- Performing, recording, and interpreting daily QC testing (tests include dissolved oxygen, ABV, IBU, sensory evaluation, etc)
- Microbiological assays
- Analytical process control and monitoring
- Aseptic testing
- Quality audits throughout production process
- Work with other employees and departments to continually address and improve quality
- Update Standard Operating Procedures, and develop new ones when necessary
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab, and assist with cleaning and sanitization protocols on production equipment
- Communications with coworkers, managers and consumers
- Assist with R&D objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of one year QA/QC experience in a commercial brewery or in the food/beverage industry
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline such as chemistry/biology
- Hands-on experience with: microbiological assays, analytical instrumentation, and/or flavor panel experience with formalized training
- An interest in beer is strongly preferred
- Physical Requirements:
- Able to remain stationary for long periods, move, ascend/descend, reposition body; transport up to 50 lbs
- Able to work safely with various chemicals
- Able to work in an environment that may become loud or fluctuate temperature
We offer health, dental, vision, accrued vacation, paid holidays, and other perks (like BEER)!
This is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties; management reserves the right to change or update duties to meet business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
CONTACT: Sarah, firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-267-9648
Your application has been successfully submitted.