Assistant Pub Leader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Great opportunity for an experienced high-volume restaurant leader who brings integrity, maturity and exceptional team leadership & guest service skills to assist in all operations of the Front of the House, help ensure a safe, welcoming and positive environment for team members and guests, and lead operations when the GM is away. Our ideal candidate is someone who radiates positivity, who has stellar skills in teaching, motivating, and coaching others in a manner that is engaging, effective and concise, and who holds organization, cleanliness, and safety in the highest regard. We are also looking for a team member who is mindful of HUB’s B-Corp values and is enthusiastic about teamwork, craft beer, and sustainability.
The position is full-time with a balanced and flexible schedule that includes opening & closing shifts (shifts are scheduled 2 weeks in advance and can vary as needed).
Applicants with leadership experience in a fast-paced, high-volume restaurant will be considered. Craft beer industry and/or brew pub experience is preferred.
To Apply… Submit cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com – and please share a little bit about yourself, your shift preference, your favorite style of beer, and why you want to join our team.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Pub Leader/GM as needed for daily, weekly, monthly operations.
- Assist and coach the team each shift for optimum customer service, sales, and company standards.
- Assist in the hiring process of FOH team members.
- Continuously update team on new or revised policies or business practices.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to the team and complete applicable documentation.
- Attend all department team meetings and leadership meetings as scheduled.
- Work various open, close and mid-shifts throughout the week to ensure team accountability for company service, safety and cleanliness standards.
- Follow leader checklists for each shift and maintain proper labor and sales targets.
- Effectively control cash.
- Balance labor goals with guest experience for the best possible outcome.
- Assist team in delivering exceptional guest service.
- Maintain the overall safety and security of all guests and team members on the property at all times.
- Perform any other task given by the Pub Leader including other areas of responsibility including but not limited to managing the Mug Club, maintaining accurate schedules for business levels, keeping the pub stocked of all necessary small wares.
- Manage upkeep of property perimeter daily including parking lots, walkways, entrances, garbage areas, and employee changing areas.
- Ensure the HUB culture is maintained by demonstrating team player qualities with all HUB team members
- At least 2 years of restaurant leadership experience in a fast paced, high volume setting.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of POS systems (Toast preferred).
- Experience using online scheduling systems (HotSchedules preferred).
- Proficient in basic computer skills including MS Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (some Spanish is helpful).
- Thorough knowledge of safe and legal food handling and alcohol service.
- Current Food Handlers Card and liquor service permit required.
- Knowledge of and passion for the craft beer industry preferred.
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the job including but not limited to: moving throughout the restaurant and kitchen for majority of shift; occasionally climbing stairs; occasionally lifting & carrying 30-75 lbs.; working at a desk for a portion of shift.
- Dependable attendance and flexible availability.
Benefits & Perks
- All necessary work gear & safety equipment.
- Paid Time Off is earned from Day 1.
- Health and Wellness Discount Plan available from Day 1.
- Health Insurance options after 60 days.
- 401K Plan.
- 50% Discounts on HUB food, beer and merchandise!
- Discounts with community partners - Patagonia, Next Adventure, TREW, and more!
- Free Hopworks t-shirts and hat for your work uniform.
Be Yourself & Grow WIth Us
Hopworks Urban Brewery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Come as you are. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran’s status – or anything else that has nothing to do with being able to do the job. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace that includes team members with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and spread our values through incredible beer and food. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Hopworks Urban Brewery is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com - and please share a little bit about yourself, your favorite style of beer, and why you want to join our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.