This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hopworks is a B Corp dedicated to using beer as a force for good. Our brew sites are Salmon-Safe Certified and we source Salmon-Safe hops and malt whenever possible. Our skilled, thoughtful team creates exceptional beer and food with sustainable business practices that protect our planet and support our community. We are committed to the most conscientious and sustainable environmental and social practices possible. The HUB family is 75+ strong with a great team, effective safety protocols, fresh and innovative brews, and the support of our southeast Portland and east Vancouver communities.
As a dedicated B Corp, our team is passionate not only about beer, but our relationship with the planet and people. Like everyone, we are on a continuous journey of developing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive team and workplace. If you share our values, we encourage you to apply.
We are seeking an experienced, super-organized warehouse lead who will take ownership of coordinating and performing all warehouse duties for the Brewery. This position ensures proper material handling, quality & maintenance of inventory, movement of shipments, and recordkeeping. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who has exceptional spatial awareness, holds organization, cleanliness, and safety in the highest regard, and can effectively align warehouse operations with brewery production. We are also looking for a team member who is mindful of HUB’s B-Corp values and is enthusiastic about the brewing industry, craft beer, and sustainability.
Starting pay range is $17-$20 per hour DOE plus insurance benefits, paid time off, 401K Plan, and 50% discounts on HUB food, beer, and gear.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Use EKOS software to update and track inventory
- Oversee all material handling including movement of shipments, ingredients, and Brewery supplies.
- Maintain proper Sales inventory stock of finished goods.
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing materials meet quality specifications.
- Ensure accurate pricing for Brewery products in EKOS by coordinating with Director of Sales.
- Lead inventory counts in the Brewery.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness.
- Implement FIFO (First in and First out)
- Complete required paperwork and records including but not limited to inventory sheets, Bills of Lading, Invoices, etc. and submit to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular communication with all members of the Brewery and Pub teams.
- Provide Packaging Manager with project status updates and recommend corrective actions to ensure commitments are met.
- Maintain relationship with Distributors.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture, values and mission of Hopworks.
- Warehouse experience for a brewery, beverage production facility or similar.
- Solid knowledge and demonstrated compliance with warehouse safety and cleanliness protocols.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft software.
- Experience with ERP systems – EKOS preferred.
- English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Forklift experience preferred – HUB will provide training and certification as needed.
- Solid knowledge of safe chemical handling, safe work operations, safety policies and procedures, and proven ability to adhere to strict workplace safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the job including but not limited to: working while standing for duration of shift, frequently lifting & carrying heavy materials approx. 55lbs up to shoulder high, frequently climbing ladder over 10 feet, and preforming job while standing on a ladder.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills with the ability to help the team manage stress and workload.
- Dependable attendance and flexible availability.
- Ensure the HUB culture is maintained by demonstrating team player qualities with all HUB team members
- OLCC permit.
Benefits & Perks
- All necessary work gear & safety equipment.
- Paid Time Off is earned from Day 1.
- Health and Wellness Discount Plan available from Day 1.
- Health Insurance options after 60 days.
- 401K Plan.
- 50% Discounts on HUB food, beer and merchandise!
- Discounts with community partners - Patagonia, Next Adventure, TREW, and more!
- Free Hopworks t-shirts and hat for your work uniform.
Be Yourself & Grow WIth Us
Hopworks Urban Brewery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Come as you are. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran’s status – or anything else that has nothing to do with being able to do the job. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace that includes team members with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and spread our values through incredible beer and food. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Hopworks Urban Brewery is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org - and please share a little bit about yourself, your favorite style of beer, and why you want to join our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.