This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hopworks is a B Corp dedicated to using beer as a force for good. Our brew sites are Salmon-Safe Certified and we source Salmon-Safe hops and malt whenever possible. Our skilled, thoughtful team creates exceptional beer and food with sustainable business practices that protect our planet and support our community. We are committed to the most conscientious and sustainable environmental and social practices possible. The HUB family is 75+ strong with a great team, effective safety protocols, fresh and innovative brews, and the support of our southeast Portland and east Vancouver communities.
As a dedicated B Corp, our team is passionate not only about beer, but our relationship with the planet and people. Like everyone, we are on a continuous journey of developing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive team and workplace. If you share our values, we encourage you to apply.
We are seeking a packaging operator with experience in a high-volume brewery who can effectively perform packaging operations and preventative maintenance tasks. Our ideal candidate is a conscientious, detail-oriented team player with a mechanical aptitude who holds safety, productivity, cleanliness, and sustainability in the highest regard. Applicants who also like beer, have a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor are encouraged to apply.
Starting pay range is $16-$18 per hour DOE plus insurance benefits, paid time off, 401K Plan, and 50% discounts on HUB food, beer, and gear.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Package beer in accordance with packaging procedures.
- Ensure quality by inspecting all products as they are processed.
- Complete shift paperwork as outlined in our operating procedures.
- Communicate order fulfillment status to appropriate department leaders.
- Report any mechanical or material issues to the department manager.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Rotate positions willingly and with others in mind.
- Help maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled
- Troubleshoot machinery during operation and make necessary adjustments to equipment.
- Maintain food safety on all packaged goods by following HAACP protocol and escalating any potential issues to department manager and head brewer.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and communicate inconsistencies.
- Always wear and use appropriate personal protective and safety equipment and help other team members with this as needed.
- Cross-train on all packaging equipment (including racking machine) and operations (setups, changeovers, and clean-ups).
- Cross train in other areas of the brewery and perform brewery support duties as needed.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture, values and mission of Hopworks.
- Experience and proficiency in packing line operations – preferably on a Comac or similar rotary canning line.
- Solid knowledge of safe chemical handling, safe work operations, safety policies and procedures, and proven ability to adhere to strict workplace safety rules and regulations.
- Basic mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Forklift experience preferred – HUB will provide training and certification as needed.
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the job including but not limited to: working while standing for duration of shift, frequently lifting & carrying heavy materials approx. 55lbs up to shoulder high, frequently climbing ladder over 10 feet, and preforming job while standing on a ladder.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills with the ability to help the team manage stress and workload.
- Dependable attendance and flexible availability.
- OLCC permit.
Benefits & Perks
- All necessary work gear & safety equipment.
- Paid Time Off is earned from Day 1.
- Health and Wellness Discount Plan available from Day 1.
- Health Insurance options after 60 days.
- 401K Plan after one year.
- 50% Discounts on HUB food, beer and merchandise!
- Discounts with community partners - Patagonia, Next Adventure, TREW, and more!
- Free Hopworks t-shirts and hat for your work uniform.
Be Yourself & Grow WIth Us
Hopworks Urban Brewery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Come as you are. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran’s status – or anything else that has nothing to do with being able to do the job. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace that includes team members with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and spread our values through incredible beer and food. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Hopworks Urban Brewery is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with references & why you want to join our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.