This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Summary: The Bus Person is responsible for clearing and cleaning tables, expediting food, running drinks, cleaning restrooms, assisting with dishwashing, emptying trash and performing overall cleaning duties such as mopping, etc.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: NOTE: Nexus Brewery unilaterally may change the requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organize tables efficiently with as little disturbance to guests as possible
- Serve water and refilled glasses as and when needed
- Clean the dining area and serving stations
- Assist with trash removal
- Assist in cleaning up spills
- Greet guests in the absence of the hostess/server
- Handle customers’ queries and concerns efficiently
- Deliver drinks to customers as needed
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Restaurant, inside and out.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the restrooms, on a consistent basis.
- Ensure the cleanliness of customer service areas: i.e., tables, chairs and booths, and the floor.
- Assist the host with seating rotations by rapidly cleaning tables, chairs, booths, floors; and, by notifying the host of available seating.
- Assist servers with specific needs for the table: i.e., clearing plates, bringing fresh silverware, refilling coffee, tea, water, and crumbing table.
- Assist bartenders with needs for the bar: i.e., glassware, bus tubs, juices, ice, etc.
- Assist the kitchen by bringing dirty plate ware, silverware, and glassware to the kitchen, and restocking the service stations with clean plate ware, silverware, and glassware.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent preferred
- Alcohol Server Certified preferred.
- Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Dependable ability to multi-task
- Able to work with a diverse group of people; team player
- Ability to use time efficiently to complete work in a timely manner
Working Conditions and Physical Effort: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Restaurant environment
- Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping
- Exposure to heat, cold and some chemical exposure
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as keyboarding and handling of equipment
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk (majority of shift)
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually medium
Your application has been successfully submitted.