Replenishment Driver (CDL required)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Transportation & Replenishment Clerk is responsible for the safe operation of a semi-trailer/tractor unit in the timely pick-up and delivery of inventory, to and from the brewery. In addition, the Transportation and Replenishment Clerk is expected to maintain inventory accuracy and picking operations, to support both internal and external operations.
All members of the Ninkasi community are expected to positively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement through intentional focus on the following objectives:
- Everyone leaves work as good as or better than when they arrived.
- Relentlessly eliminating waste positively impacts our customers, our environment and ourselves.
Best Customer Experience
- Our efforts transfer the maximum value to our customers.
At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One Team
- Quality output in everything we do.
- Creative pursuit of mastery.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Successful integration of work and life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, & Local laws, regulations and company operation requirements (ex: logging, inspections)
- Continuous assessment of road, vehicle and equipment conditions to determine the safety of vehicle and equipment operations to avoid personal injury or equipment damage
- Load and unload product in a manner consistent with standard operating procedures
- Verify that the contents of loads match the bills of lading
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including but not limited to: pallets, straps and rope
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports in an organized and timely manner.
- Maintain required logs of trips, trip times, loads, etc.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, Federal, State and Local inspectors/officials in order to represent the Company in a manner consistent with its standards for quality and service
- Correspond with internal and external customers to determine pick-up and/or delivery needs
- Demonstrate internal and external customer service
- Perform inventory storage, staging and delivery activities including:
- Accurate and timely picking, staging, and delivery of inventory to other Ninkasi sites
- Accurate and timely picking and staging of orders for customers
- Pick-up and delivery of inventory from off-site third-party warehouses or vendors
- Rotation of inventory to support first-in-first out procedures
- Proper inventory storage to minimize damage and maximize product quality
- Perform inventory tracking activities including
- Maintain an organized warehouse that supports efficient and accurate receipt of orders, fulfillment of orders, and cycle counts
- Use of desktop and handheld hardware and software systems provided by company to conduct inventory transactions and generate reports
- Alert Supply Chain team to low inventory levels and potential re-order needs in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of road experience driving a tractor/semi-trailer, preferably rated for 80,000+ pound GVW
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Ability to work primarily a swing shift schedule (approx. 3:30pm 2am), between Monday and Thursday; replenishment schedules are dependent on Production needs and may change
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Valid Class A Commercial Drivers License
- Ability to obtain Forklift certification
- Ability to maintain safe and efficient control of the vehicle at all times
- Ability to pass a driving records check:
- No preventable accidents in the past 24 months.
- No more than two moving violations in the past 36 months
- No reckless driving convictions
- No drug and/or alcohol related driving offenses or convictions
- Successful completion of a post-offer physical, drug screen and background check are required
- Able to meet DOT and OSHA requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; drive; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; lift; carry; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must also be able to successfully drive a forklift and be able to adhere to proper safety guidelines.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and be able to move kegs with assistance, which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position operates primarily in various warehouse spaces and production floors. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud most of the time. The temperature in the warehouses vary, and include non-climate-controlled spaces and refrigerated spaces.
Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.