Brewer / Cellar Person
Lakewood Brewing Company is a fast-paced family owned and operated craft brewery and beverage manufacturer looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our production team. We distributed Texas-wide and are known for brewing consistently high quality beers. We have a 3 vessel semi-automated 30bbl brewhouse and fermenters ranging from 30-180bbls. We brew up to 18 different styles per year including barrel-aged beers and ciders. Check us out on the web for a complete beer lineup: http://lakewoodbrewing.com/
This is a hybrid cellar/brewing position. You must have sanitary beverage production experience in a production brewery, beverage facility, dairy or brew pub in order to be considered.
- Perform the following brewing tasks according to Lakewood Brewing’s Standard Operating Procedures: milling, mashing, lauter, boiling, whirlpool, grain-out, CIP, setup and handoff to next shift
- Perform cellar tasks as needed – including but not limited to: CIP’s, SIP’s, filtration/centrifugation, yeast brinking/pitching, dry hopping, etc.
- Communicate with lab on quality of wort production
- Keep accurate brewery records
- Perform the following cellaring tasks if needed: beer transfers, carbonation, yeast handling, cleaning and sanitization of tanks
- Follow all cleanup procedures post brewing/cellaring
- Follow all safety standards
- Alert Production Lead immediately of any quality control issues
- Other duties as directed
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of one year professional brewing or cellaring experience in a production brewery or high volume brewpub required
- Brewer Certification or Fermentation Science education preferred but not required
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Passion for the brewing process and beer
- Comprehensive understanding of brewing science, brewery operations
- Ability to lift 55 pounds repeatedly
- Forklift certified a plus but not required
- Flexible schedule
- Must be at least 21 years of age and pass a background check
- Proper use of PPE
- Fast paced environment
- High sense of urgency
- High energy environment
- Passionate, creative and dedicated team
- Strong sense of camaraderie
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation & sick days, free beer, and other great perks!
Sound like the job you’ve been looking for? Think you have the skills, passion, and personality to be a great fit? Send your resume and cover letter!
Your application has been successfully submitted.