About the Brewery: Named GABF Brewery of the Year in 2021, Metazoa Brewing Company is a rapidly growing 20bbl production brewery out of Indianapolis, committed to creating only the highest quality products…which requires the highest caliber of brewing talent. With a dog-friendly taproom in the center of Downtown Indy and statewide distribution across the state of Indiana, Metazoa has an estimated growth trajectory of 30-40% in the next 18 months with distribution into 1-2 additional states and the introduction of a new taproom space. We are looking for brewers who are committed to hard work, strive for exceptional results, and are excited to be a part of an award-winning team.
Job Overview: The Brewing Team is responsible for creating our world-class quality beer from raw materials. This position reports to the Director of Brewing Operations.
· Produce wort, monitor fermentation, add dry hops, process fruit, infusion processes, lagering, etc.
· Brewing recipes as requested per specifications
· Fill kegs, cans, and bottles, as needed
· Maintain and operate brewing equipment
· Provide assistance in warehouse management, as needed
· Provide assistance in extensive data collection and reporting, as needed (wort production, cellars, QA, QC, etc)
· Brewery maintenance (transfer, clean, collect data, etc)
+ Other duties, as assigned
· At least 6mos of brewing experience preferred, but not required
· Ability to repetitively lift up to 60 lbs
· Ability to move (team-lift) up to 160 lbs
· Ability to maintain a positive and productive demeanor, focused on teamwork and company goals
· Ability to work independently and thoughtfully with great attention to detail
· Experience with decoction brewing and lagering processes is a plus
· Willingness to follow all published SOPs/protocols and to assist in the development of new ones
· Forklift operation certification preferred, but not required
· Must be able to engage in heavy physical labor including climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, scrubbing/working in hot environments or in uncomfortable positions (bending/squatting/reaching)
· Ability to stand/walk on hard surfaces for an entire shift
· Willingness to work in wet/hot/cold conditions
· Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
Please submit your resume to Lauren Frederick via email at email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drink Beer. Help Animals.