Sales & Marketing Rep
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Saint Archer Brewing Co. is currently looking for a craft beer-loving, energetic, and experienced sales professional to join our team as the Sales & Marketing Rep based in Sacramento, cultivating fruitful relationships and calling on key on- and off-premise accounts throughout Sacramento, Modesto, Stockton, Truckee, Reno, and Fresno markets. As the Sales & Marketing Rep, you will serve as a key ambassador on our sales team, repping the Saint Archer brand throughout the NorCal territory, growing our presence, gaining new accounts, championing quality assurance and growing professional sales relationships with wholesalers and consumers. This is a Sacramento-based work-from-home and on-the-road position: If you’re self-motivated, ambitious, outgoing, and goal-oriented, keep reading!
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the on- and off-premise of assigned territory by building meaningful relationships with buyers
- Achieve specified account goals and visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day
- Identify and develop new accounts and maintain outstanding rapport in current accounts
- Communicate with retail accounts regarding brand awareness, pricing, inventory, events, etc.
- Become acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in your market
- Work with distributors on a weekly basis, plan/attend promos/staff trainings, land new can and draft placements at regional accounts
- Conduct wait staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
- Develop disproportionate share of mind by achieving “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps.
- Build rapport with key people at distributors, such as the owner, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, sales reps, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
- Log all daily sales calls in VIP mobile and recap weekly to area manager
- Understand how the following get done at distributors: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride alongs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, draft tech calls
- Saint Archer Brewing Co pricing, discounting and overall strategy and targeted price points
- Develop market profile target lists
- Other duties as defined by Market Manager
What you need for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a business-related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of progressive sales experience and account management in the craft beer or beverage industry
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Knowledge of brewing industry and local NorCal marketplace
- Passion for craft beer!
- Self-starter, results-driven, ability to work independently
- General knowledge of the brewing process and taste/flavor profiling
- Enthusiastic, people-person
- Effective communicator and relationship-builder
- Excellent time manager
- Love a flexible schedule and jazzed to work nights & weekends, on occasion
- Must live in the assigned market (preferably in Sacramento) and have the ability to travel by car (50%) frequently throughout the market
- Proficient in MS Office software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and Google Workspace
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable source of transportation and insurance in line with the Saint Archer Brewing Co. auto policy
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Inclusive company culture that values and develops our people and encourages health, wellness, and flexibility
- Competitive base salary and bonus package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick time (and we encourage you to use it for optimal work/life balance!)
- Paid parental leave and flexible return-to-work scheduling for new moms and dads (birth or adoption)
- 401k with up to 4% match
- Personal and career development opportunities
- We play our part to make a difference in our communities - from social and charitable partners to championing causes to caring for the environment; at Saint Archer you're part of something bigger
- 50% off Saint Archer swag
- And of course, free beer!
Your application has been successfully submitted.