This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bear Republic is looking for a new Packaging Manager to help guide our packaging team. Leading us in canning, bottling and kegging our brews. By working and playing together we extend our family and build a team. If you are looking for a new position with a history, willing to work hard, take on a challenge now and then and help strengthen/build a team...this is the right place for you!
The Packaging Manager is responsible for managing and efficiently running a comprehensive packaging department, packaging supervisors and staff. This includes system and operations development, staffing, training, production scheduling, inventory, material ordering, and reporting. The Manager is responsible for supervisor and employee communication, motivation and morale within the department. We operate up to 24 hours a day, up to 7 days a week and the position holder is responsible for managing all packaging shifts and subsequent supervisors and coordinating those efforts with other departments to meet production needs.
- Salary DOE
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick leave
- 401(k) with matching
- Health care
- Dental care
- Vision and life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Please apply on our website at https://bearrepublic.com/pages/job-openings
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritizes and fosters culture of safety first, quality second, and efficiency third.
- Builds strong team cohesion through ability to listen, learn, and coach.
- Develops packaging schedule and ensures raw materials are in the plant as needed.
- Works closely with Facilities Manager and Maintenance team to prevent/diagnose potential problems and maximize equipment up-time.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the operational equipment.
- Ensures staff are effectively and safely executing their job duties and operating equipment according to SOPs by providing training, formal standards and checklists, and follow-up to ensure accountability.
- Trains and certifies forklift operators for packaging department and other departments as needed.
- Maintain accurate inventory, production and efficiency reporting using tools such as ERP software.
- Maintain consistent quality of packaged beer and enforcement of sanitation measures based GMPs.
- Ensuring that our finished product leaves the brewery looking professional to the consumer.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidates must be 21 years of age or older.
- 5 years related Packaging Line experience, including supervisory experience.
- Successful completion of an MBAA Packaging course, additional equipment training classes
- Knowledge of the care, cleaning, and maintenance of all mechanical packaging equipment.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety standards
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic. Organized and detail oriented.
- Effectively give and receive feedback. Offer new ideas and lead initiatives to implement them.
- Adaptable to changing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Bring passion and excellence to everything we do.
- Actively work to sustain our environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Support a continuation of making Bear Republic a great workplace.
- Packaging typically requires repetitive work, using potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals, in a noisy environment.
- Knowledge and skill to perform beer quality tasting when necessary.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Work in damp areas.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move packages.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks in a production setting.
Bear Republic Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.