This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Bear Team is looking for a new member! Join us at the Rohnert Park Brewpub! Experienced cook wanted!
Prepares and cooks quality food. Maintains quality, presentation, professional attitude, and sanitation of the
kitchen. We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set
up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the chef with their daily tasks.
The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Follow recipes in line with company vision.
- Prepares a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and creativity.
- Ensure level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensures all sanitation procedures are being followed; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Coordinates with wait staff to ensure guest expectations are met or exceeded.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Thorough knowledge of all food preparation techniques and styles.
- Understanding of sanitation and safety rules in the kitchen
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers and managers
- ServSafe Certificate required.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift and move up to 30 pounds.
- Visually inspect quality of food presentation.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Bear Republic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.