Brewery Cellar Worker
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bear Republic is looking for a new team member to join our Brewing Team. The Cellar is a great place to start if you love beer and want to work with folks who love beer too!
SUMMARY: The Cellar Person will be responsible for performing cellar operations and duties. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure BRBC beers are dry hopped, fined and transferred according to brewery S.O.P’s (Standard Operating Procedures) while maintaining a clean work environment.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick leave
- Health care
- Dental care
- Vision and life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Cellar Person’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Dry-hopping and fining beers.
- Cleaning, sanitizing tanks, & cellar equipment.
- Performing transfers through a centrifuge.
- Performing weekly material inventories.
- Maintaining a clean workplace while safety upholding quality standards.
- Maintaining accurate and legible written and electronic records.
- Understanding uses of all chemicals and following OSHA standards.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Demonstrated interest in craft beer.
- Related work experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of brewing process.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Forklift certification or willingness to obtain a must
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be over 21 yrs. of age (for Quality Control).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Safely, lift, move and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Use ladders and scaffolds and work at heights.
- Stand for long periods.
- Walk, kneel, bend, stand, and climb stairs.
- Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This is a fast-paced environment and the noise level is usually moderate to high.
- Works in Cellar where temperatures are extreme. Work environment can be cold, hot, wet and noisy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.