This job is no longer accepting applications.
Russian River Brewing Company is hiring a full time Packaging Technician to join our team in Windsor!
This position is responsible for supporting bottling and canning operations and kegging beer. The packaging tech role is scheduled to work full time, Monday – Friday from 1:00pm-9:00pm. If you have prior packaging line experience, a passion for craft beer, and are looking for a fun and rewarding work environment, please review our description below. If it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Operate, and provide support for, all bottling, canning and kegging operations.
- Perform regular maintenance on packaging equipment and end of day cleaning on all lines.
- Ensures all packaging tasks are completed safely, accurately and on-time.
- Work safely and demonstrate cooperation with co-workers.
- Have a passion for quality beer and quality workmanship.
- Cleaning and sanitation, including CIP of bright beer tanks.
- All work to be completed with an eye towards low Total Packaged Oxygen.
- Report any mechanical issues to packaging lead or packaging manager.
- Operate a fork lift safely.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Follow all safety rules and wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effectively managing one’s own time
- Excellent communication skills
- Work calmly under pressure
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Listen and understand information and ideas as presented
- Communicate information and ideas through speaking and writing so others will understand
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance
- Work as a team member
- Previous experience on a packaging line is preferred.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude to repair packaging equipment
- Must be serious about safety, quality and cleanliness
- Fit in with our passionate and hard-working team
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds, including tipping full kegs via a tipping station. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee operates a motor vehicle/forklift.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Employees must wear PPE ear and eye protection at certain times, as directed.
RRBC offers competitive pay and benefits to include group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, paid time off, 401k with matching, and discounts on beer/food/merchandise.
RRBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. RRBC utilizes e-verify.
Please apply HERE.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.