Brewery Maintenance Lead
At Buffbrew, we pride ourselves in being Houston’s Most Creative Brewery. As such, we set extremely high standards for ourselves & we dream big. But it's easy to dream, and it's hard to execute.
The right person for this role will develop a deep understanding of all aspects of Buffbrew, and will become the central source of information guiding our toughest, most important decisions. We are still considered a startup in many aspects, and we're looking for someone who can level up with us. We care more about you being passionate & having the right attitude than we care about how many bullet points you've jammed into your resume.
This role is where we get ahead of potential operational challenges on the biggest stage. The Maintenance Lead should be highly organized, have excellent project management skills, love problem solving and critical thinking!
Beware! We have a lot of fun, but we also work really, really hard. Buffbrew is an exceptionally fast-paced environment. A lot of people apply because they've always wanted a job in an industry that seems fun around a hobby they love. We tend to break those people. This will be an exceptionally stressful role as we scale within a new facility, maintaining our exceptionally high standards for quality while chasing an almost impossible growth curve.
- Ensure systems are in place and followed to maintain reliability of equipment and processes
- Continuously improving manufacturing process and equipment performance measurements to promote through put and eliminate bottleneck areas
- Ownership of SOPs and preventative maintenance program
- Support the capital projects process and installation of new equipment
- Oversee the maintenance of equipment and the facility to ensure highest uptime and utilization of assets
- Oversee spare parts inventory to ensure critical spares are maintained
- Deliver a center of excellence through maintaining manufacturing knowledge base and training of operators
- Investigate, troubleshoot and identify root causes of any facility non-compliance with a bias towards action
- Maintains ownership and accountability in daily operations along with compliance of OSHA standards
- Culture warrior, walk the walk just don't talk it
- Engineering degree / technical college in related field or 3+ years in similar manufacturing / production setting
- Experience with filling, packaging, steam and glycols systems with technical knowledge of electrical, PLC and mechanical components
- Experience with conducting root cause analysis and managing outcomes
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance frameworks, planning systems and SOP creation and execution
- Experience with databases, project management, and ERP software
- Computer literacy; proficient in word, excel, ppt
- Effective personal productivity system
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
This is a full-time position with the same benefits that all of our employees enjoy, including paid-time off, employer-subsidized health insurance, and a 401k program with company matching.
Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under controlling federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.