This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports to: Director of Retail Operations
Type: Full-time & Exempt
Drake’s Barrel House, an outdoor beer garden and warehouse-style tasting room, is hiring and looking for a leader that has a strong work ethic, who has the ability to hustle while juggling multiple demands, all the while remaining calm, flexible, and friendly.
- Collaborating with Director of Retail Operations & ownership to align daily operations with the overarching goals of the establishment.
- Responsible for daily operations, developing operating goals & objectives, and identifying budget variances and taking corrective steps.
- Responsible for the scheduling of all employees to maximize labor for guests where needed, reduce labor cost where not needed, and keep employees happy…all at the same time!
- Ensuring that all employee related legal/compliance items are adhered to; meal & rest periods, harassment training, food handlers’ certifications, RBS (Responsible Beverage Service) etc.
- Ensures proper performance management of employees through training, coaching & development.
- Responsible for, and maintaining, all restaurant inventories including beverages, food, merchandise, and equipment.
- Control operational costs and identify ways to improve margins.
- Maintains a sound environment conducive to a stellar customer experience.
- Ensures guest satisfaction.
- Reviews order history, sales reports, and other relevant pieces of data to monitor profit and loss.
- Maintains accurate pricing and inventory.
- Monitors and completes accounting-type administrative work to include reconciliation, invoicing, and others.
- Monitors and completes HR-type administrative work to include filing completed new hire paperwork, overseeing & maintaining compliance training, and others. Review payroll data for accuracy before submitting to HR for processing.
- Implements and maintains programs targeted at customer loyalty
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar leadership role
- Positive & friendly attitude at all times when engaging with staff and Guests
- Taking “ownership” and initiative to manage the restaurant with minimal direction
- Enthusiasm for leading a team and mentoring individuals
- Have a passion for craft beer and interacting with guests
- Proven ability to identify problems, implement solutions and improve results
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and meet financial goals
- Be a troubleshooter, with a keen eye for details
- Demonstrated experience in excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of planning & forecasting
- Proficient knowledge of relevant software (e.g., Microsoft Word/Excel and restaurant-specific software)
Your application has been successfully submitted.