Commerce Brewing Asst. Brewer/Cellarperson
This person assists and supports brewery operations across all aspects of brewing and packaging processes. This includes but is not limited to fermentation management, beer transfers, packaging in cans, bottles and kegs, carbonating, monitoring inventories, as well as general upkeep of the brewery.
This job requires a high-energy individual comfortable with multitasking, attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Must have a focus on workplace safety at all times.
Pay: Dependent on experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety protocol and SOPs for all processes
- Produce in-spec product at all times
- Assist in day-to-day brewery operations
- Assist in brewery cellars, brewhouse, and packaging area
- Monitor fermentations by reading and logging gravities, dissolved oxygen, pH and temperature of beer daily
- CIP of small parts regularly
- CIP of fermentors/bright tanks
- Crash tanks, dry hop tanks, dump yeast, and transfer beer from FV to BT
- Carbonate beer to desired level prior to packaging
- Assist with packaging line operation
- Monitor carbonation and dissolved oxygen during packaging runs
- Operate and maintain all kegging equipment
- Keep and maintain production and packaging records
- Clean brewery, cellar, and packaging areas on a regular schedule
- Assist with maintenance and overall cleanliness of entire brewery
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Experience, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- High-quality work standards with and without direct supervision
- Abide by proper and safe operations of every task and follow all safety rules
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. to shoulder height repeatedly
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, stoop, lift up to 170 lbs. with assistance and perform repetitive motions without issue
- Encourage and maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Desire to learn, grow, and take on increased responsibility
- Learn to operate forklift if not forklift certified
- Adapt to changes in brewing, packaging and production schedules and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ensure preventative maintenance procedures occur accurately and routinely
- Basic troubleshooting skills for a brewing/manufacturing environment
- Report, repair, adjust and replace defective machine parts as needed
- Proficiency with MS Office, (past experience with Ekos is a BIG plus)
- 1-2 years experience in a brewing environment is preferred
At Commerce Brewing we take pride and focus much of our passion on the brands we produce for our many partners. Our business is dynamic as our facility is equipped not only for malt beverage and cider production, but also for distilling operations.
Commerce Brewing is invested in the ability to allow our team members to grow and gain experience across multiple facets of the brewing and beverage industry as a benefit for their part in it.
As a team our successes and failures are achieved together. Collaboration, communication, and honesty are crucial to the culture we are building.
Compensation and Benefits:
Position is hourly with the potential for overtime. Commerce offers competitive wages commensurate with experience, consistent reviews, and opportunity for advancement.
Full time positions are eligible for company matched health coverage, PTO, and other company perks detailed in the employee handbook.
Qualified and interested individuals should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Commerce Brewing:
Commerce Brewing was conceived as an option for small beverage producers to grow their brands without the needs for intensive capital investment. Realizing that the need for a facility that could service smaller to medium sized brewers and beverage operations without the hindrance of high minimum batch sizes, long contracts, and the rapidly increased points of distribution that can follow.
Your application has been successfully submitted.