Supply Chain Transformation- Material Requirements Planner Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the differences in both our people and our brands. Our diversity makes us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company & community.
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team.
We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently hiring a Supply Chain Transformation Materials Requirements Planner (MRP) Lead in Boston, MA.
What You'll Do:
- Lead development of standard practice processes, metrics, organization, data preparation, and system development and implementation for material requirements planning (MRP) in our full organization, internal and external production.
- Establish a standard for our company for our MRP process and system implementation into SAP s/4 through strong collaboration with our IT organization, Master Data Head, and external system integration partner.
- Ensure detailed documentation of requirements and gaps in capabilities is captured while ensuring that optimal solutions and resolutions are built and aligned across the full business, supply chain, finance, and IT.
- Provides leadership by driving organizational change, cultivating relationships, putting staff in a position to succeed, building effective matrixed teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals, driving engagement and adoption, and creating a climate where the teams are motivated to do their best.
- Facilitates options and trade-off analysis for project decisions around scope, resources, and investment prioritization.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the Sr. Director of SCT, SCT Leadership, Executive Pillar Sponsor, and Steering Committee
- Responsible for properly balancing the need for good business processes and skills with systems and tools. Also, responsible to be an unbiased leader in representing and supporting the needs of all team members: Business, IT, full time employees, temporary employees, contractors, or consultants.
- Responsible to bring forward major decisions, risks, and issues for escalation to the SCT leadership team in time for optimal mitigation
- Structuring and managing proper implementation timelines, resourcing plans, and costing structures for each within scope required for a successful MRP process and SAP s/4 implementation.
- Timely reporting and budget management
- Addressing performance situations or coaching opportunities
- Ensure engagement of cross functional team members
- Drive engagement in change management processes
- Develop a communication strategy across stakeholders, driven by the outcome of the “impact analysis” completed for each area of the MRP portion of the program
- Ensure that all processes and systems can and will be utilized by all BBC teams, owned facilities, and 3PM’s and 3PL’s, where applicable
- Ensure proper training plans are built and executed for the corresponding area and functions utilizing and supporting MRP
- Build and track process metrics/KPIs per area within the project to ensure that the implemented steps, processes and/or systems are driving the expected behaviors and deliverables
- 30%-40% travel to other BBC Locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Delaware
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degreed area of focus from Supply Chain, Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics, or Finance
- Minimum of 10-15+ years progressive experience across executing and leading either supply chain planning, procurement, and/or manufacturing within CPG companies, preferably food and beverage industry
- Proven ability to promote the adoption of standardized planning processes and systems
- Proven ability to foster a collaborative work environment
- Proven track record of assessing and implementing good business processes, metrics, and system use
- Proven track record in leading continuous improvement initiatives resulting in sustained results
- Proven ability to drive business and supply chain improvements by leading and guiding a strong IBP or S&OP processes
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and processes, preferably SAP
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong data analysis/analytics
- Knowledge of a formal continuous improvement methodology/set of principles (ex. Lean, TPM, TPS, Six Sigma)
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated strong collaboration
- Indirect influencing
- Strong business acumen
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.