Project Manager, Strategic Planning & Programs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the differences in both our people and our brands. Our diversity makes us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company & community.
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team.
We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently hiring a Project Manager, Strategic Planning & Programs in Boston, MA.
The Project Manager, as part of the Strategic Planning & Programs team, is responsible for the planning, execution, and completion of key strategic projects to improve the performance of The Boston Beer Company (BBC). This role will work collaboratively with leaders across the business, including other members of the Strategic Planning & Programs team, to ensure mission-critical projects – including complex and/or cross-functional projects – are delivered on time and on budget, in a way that aligns with the overall strategic goals of BBC.
What You'll Do:
- Project management:
- Develop and manage multiple, integrated project management plans, manage deadlines and dependencies across concurrent approved project initiatives, and coordinate activities in partnership with business project owners and leaders across BBC
- Ensure all projects under the role’s management – including complex, high-priority, and cross-functional projects that may not have a clear business project owner elsewhere in the business – are executed on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Co-manage the definition of project scope and objectives, with attention to technical and business feasibility, involving all relevant stakeholders as needed
- Manage and control changes to the project scope, project schedule, project prioritization, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measurement, Documentation, and Reporting:
- Accurately measure project outcomes and track project performance to ensure the successful completion of short and long-term goals using appropriate tools and techniques, while following company guidelines
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Create, deliver, and maintain all necessary project documentation, and identify, document, and ensure proper management and resolution of all project issues and risks
- Portfolio management approach:
- Support continuous improvement of our BBC program and project management methodology, helping find ways to better balance rigor with agility in speed in how we manage our most critical projects
- Follow new processes as they are rolled-out to serve as BBC “expert” and role model to drive adoption across the business
- Managing relationships and Communication:
- Develop and maintain close partnership with relevant business owners and stakeholders across BBC
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless project execution
- Monitor change management and address and resolve any issues to ensure project outcomes are sustainable
- Team role model:
- Work closely with the rest of the Strategic Planning & Program team to be a catalyst for more rigorous strategic thinking and planning throughout BBC, being viewed as a valuable thought partner at multiple levels across BBC
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years’ direct work experience in the Program/Project management field
- Experience managing multiple projects at once or programs of work
- Experience managing large, cross-functional business projects (e.g., teams of 10+, mix of contractors/consultants and FTEs)
- Proven experience managing complex, fast-paced projects
Nice to Have:
- Strong interest in the beer industry
- Experience working in CPG or retail strongly preferred, with understanding of industry dynamics
- WorkFront system knowledge and use a plus
- Familiarity with PowerBI a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.