Iron Hill Brewery is looking for an HR Generalist!
The HR Generalist supports the business in a manner consistent with Iron Hill Brewery’s values and culture by assisting local restaurants to drive results. Partnering with managers and employees in the field, this position will be able to create a positive impact by fostering deep and meaningful relationships.
For this position, deep expertise in employee relations and performance management in a high volume, fast-paced environment is critical. This includes but is not limited to supporting hiring initiatives, onboarding & integration, championing values & culture, ensuring policy interpretation & compliance through proper documentation, providing support for employee performance, training & development, managing leaves & accommodations, and fostering restaurant safety. This position will be expected to travel to multiple locations spread across various states within a determined region.
Travel Region includes the following PA locations: Ardmore, Exton, Hershey, Huntingdon Valley, Lancaster, Media, Newtown, North Wales, Phoenixville, and West Chester
Base salary range begins at $65,000 based on experience, training, and education. Opportunity for annual bonus plan.
Here is what you would do in the role:
- Employee Relations- 45%
- Restaurant Support-
- Act as the main contact for HR-related information and strategies. This includes assisting employees and managers with a variety of topics across the employee’s full life cycle.
- Perform investigations as needed for sensitive topics as needed.
- Culture Advocate-
- Actively assists with the creation of a diverse, equitable, inclusive environment that is free from discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- Perform regular check-ins with employees and managers to gain the pulse of restaurant teams and provide regular feedback on ideas to enhance employee experience.
- Performance Consultant-
- Guide local leadership in executing Iron Hill standards, providing strategic recommendations to ensure teams are driving toward established goals.
- Advocates staff development by supporting conversations and providing feedback on performance documents created by the field managers, such as independent development plans, performance improvement plans, and terminations.
- Talent Acquisition- 25%
- Assist restaurants, including New Store Openings, with their hiring needs. This includes brainstorming ways to source candidates, assisting with writing & posting job ads, ensuring managers know the legal dos and don’ts of interviewing, training managers on how to use Jobvite, etc.
- Sourcing and screening interviews of management candidates as needed.
- Safety – 15%
- Identify safety trends & help the restaurants develop action plans including offering encouragement for safe behaviors.
- Attend regions safety committee meetings and follow up on employee & guest incidents
- Reporting, Compliance, and Specialty Projects– 15%
- Ensure compliance with a variety of items such as performance documentation, legal posters, I-9 documentation, adherence to minor laws and leaves of absences/accommodation procedures, etc.
- May teach one or more classes on topics based on HR requirements, HR strategic goals, development opportunities, or compliance topics (ex. Harassment).
- Partners within the department and with other departments to solicit multi-faceted solutions to current and future challenges.
Here are some of the things it takes to be successful in the role:
To be successful in this position the ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and skills. Required skills and qualifications are noted directly in the list below.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field is required.
- Experience and or specialized certifications will be considered in place of a degree.
- Strongly prefer candidates with knowledge of the restaurant or retail business.
- Strong knowledge of HR laws and regulations is required.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets with company guidelines is required.
- Must be able to read, write and verbally communicate using the English language. Must be able to communicate information and respond to questions (verbally and in written form) effectively with employees, vendors, and guests.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively by demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy. with various types of people on all levels of the business required.
- Passionate about making new connections, inspiring loyalty, and providing top-quality service in all aspects of the role is required to be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information, strong ethics, integrity & judgment.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and time to ensure completion of all daily projects.
- Possess a strong sense of flexibility, persistence, initiative, and eagerness to work in a hands-on learning environment.
- Flexible availability conducive to restaurant needs
We have got a flight of reasons to brew a career with us:
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Discounts on Food and Beer
- Great Benefits: Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Free primary care for all employees through 98point6
- Healthy Employee Shift Meals
- Employee Recognition
- Opportunities to support your local community
About Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant:
Founded in Newark, DE in 1996 by Kevin Finn, Mark Edelson, and Kevin Davies, Iron Hill is the most award-winning brewery east of the Mississippi, and one of the most enduringly successful craft brewery and restaurant concepts in the United States. Now with 20 locations across DE, NJ, PA, SC, and GA, each Iron Hill features an on-site craft brewery and scratch kitchen, pairing the freshest ingredients with the highest quality grains and hops. In 2020, the group expanded with the opening of its first large, full-scale production brewery in Exton, PA to bring the same delicious craft signature beer and seasonal favorites to larger consumer audiences. Iron Hill also unveiled the TapHouse at the Exton brewery, an elevated fast-casual concept offering an upbeat, inviting atmosphere, must-try food, and a wide range of specialty beers.
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant’s signature dessert, the Triple Chocolate Hill, is tied to a brand-wide history of giving back. For each one sold, Iron Hill donates $.75 to CureSearch for Children’s Cancer. Similarly, at the TapHouse, $1 per 3-Alarm Firefighter’s Burger is donated to the local fire station. Through fundraising, local non-profit support, and participation in community events, Iron Hill remains connected to each of the local communities they serve.
Iron Hill is still Growing! We are adding locations up and down the East Coast
Iron Hill Brewery is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.